March 28, 2024, 09:55:49 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest Day October 2011  (Read 13969 times)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »

ROUND 3

Jeronimo: (29-9)+14= 34k
Kilowic: (12-9)+6= 9k
Olly: (12-9)+7= 10k
Darkmancer: (22-9)+15= 28k
Itlerion: (6)+4= 10k

Darkmancer had to leave, so we distributed his Gold and Regions in equal parts.
Regions choice followed Turn Order (extra Region went to Kilowic, who had lowest Income rate/Gold reserves).

Jeronimo: (34)+7= 41k
Kilowic: (9)+7= 16k
Olly: (10)+7= 17k
Itlerion: (10)+7= 17k

ORDERS

1º Dynasty: 20->3
2º Dynasty: 15->4
3º Alliance: 6->20
4º Goblins: 16->5

BATTLES

1º Captured: -0
2º Won: -9/-9
3º Lost: -9/-9
4º Won: -7/-7

ROUND 4

Jeronimo: (41-18)+22= 45k
Kilowic: (16-16)+6= 6k
Olly: (17-9)+8= 16k
Itlerion: (17-7)+10= 20k

No need to keep playing. We agreed I won this Conquestday.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:43:56 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »

congratulations Wink

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »

Congratulations Jeronimo!

and thanks for organising and everyone playing. I had some really good battles.

Warhammer Dark Omen October Conquest Tournament Kilowic for Area 15 (9k Armies)powered by Aeva

Warhammer Dark Omen October Conquest Tournament Darkmancer for Area 22 (9k Armies)powered by Aeva

Warhammer Dark Omen October Conquest Tournament Jeronimo for Area 4 (9k Armies)powered by Aeva

Smiley

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:13:18 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 03:23:45 AM »

My 2 cents Cheesy

Conquestday October Jeronimo vs Olly Region 4powered by Aeva

Conquestday October Kilowic vs Jeronimo Region 20powered by Aeva
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 12:36:43 AM »

I had good couple of battles, I did leave all my money and land to olly as a counter point to jero to try stoping the inevitable win by Jero but that was apprently over turned Sad

Last few turnaments the starting desicision seem to make autowins with people not going for the most connection point basically not being able to do much.   This is a bit their own fault but maybe we couldnt mitagate it a bit with you getting (number of players X 2000) + (number of connections) gp for first turn instead of the current 2x connection.

With current rules we got:
Darkmancer: 26k
Itlerion: 14k
Jeronimo: 22k
Kilowic: 16k
Olly: 14k

With suggested we would get:
Darkmancer: 23k
Itlerion: 17k
Jeronimo: 21k
Kilowic: 18k
Olly: 17k

Not a massive difference but reduces the max range in gp from 12k to 6k.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »

I also think that ruleset lacks some changes. Without any diplomacy its sometimes really hard to do something. There will always be one player who will get attacked from two or three sides at one time and he cant do much. It makes conquest unbalanced. Armies of UD factions were really strong. I think UD need some nerf.
I know that Jeronimo is good player but did he lost even one battle ? I can't remember that but his army was very very strong.
Making a ruleset must be really hard work but I think there should be some changes in this one.

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »

He only played 2 games and in both cases his opponents made tactical mistakes, watch the vids yourself and think how they could easily played out differently.

Im not saying his undead faction is or isnt overpowered just we can't tell from such games.

Diplomacy will slow down and complicate things in whats meant to be a quick tournament ruleset.  Plus it tends to increase the likelyhood of multiple attacks on one person.  Your square choices left you in a awful strategic posistion at the start of the game, even if you hadn't have counter attacked me jero would have bankrupted you with 2 battles, the starts important, you have got to get as much money as posible whilst reducing the possible number of attacks against yourself from different people, jero placed himself the best at the start and it showed, by round 3 i was his only competion, i could field 3x 9k armies, so could he, all the rest could only field 1.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »

Very interesting posts here... I will write my opinion then.

About Initial Gold: After some tests with Darkmancer's suggestion, I concluded NO.
1) It leaves a Conquestday with 2-3 players very poor (due to base money per player).
2) Doesnt make attractive picking high risk regions (people will leave them for the last).
3) "Center players" become a bit weaker while "Edge players" a bit stronger.

As Darkma said, the difference is too small... Nevertheless I appreciate his initiative in trying to find the real "error".

About October Conquestday: I can understand that having the Initial Gold can be exciting to purchase lots of 7k, 9k armies in ROUND 1, but the problem is that if you dont see the Worldmap AND speculate what will happen next Turn, you are much wasting the gold.

Check Round 1: I gained a huge advantage while waiting my brother fight 9k defense and then a "suicide" 5k attack (which could have been 7k under Darkmancer's Gold suggestion). So fate would be the same.
They should have been funny battles of course, but he doomed himself with that, because he KNEW, under my declarations that I would attack his 2 regions in the South.

With Kilowic planned another strategy: I did lost 1 battle during Conquestday defending Region 15 (no video).
Having 16k, Kilowic declared a 9k attack where I defended using a 3k defense: as result he lost 7k (wiz lived) while I lost 3k -> My real goal wasnt to defend the region, but to make him waste gold.
And then came Olly's declaration, where Kilowic defended his Region with tenacy... in a bloody 9k vs 9k.
So basically, his reserves went down to 0 gold... but ROUND 2 came and he gained a nice quantity= 12k.
Having waited this moment with gold recharge, I planned double counter-attack to 15, knowing he might survive 1, but not 2 attacks... and this also would weaken him in the rest of the Worldmap...

I basically planned well. The real "error" which made me win, was the no anticipating from Itlerion/Kilowic. Then Olly tried his best, but I fought seriously with 9k, and Kilowic had his last change in ROUND 3 to obtain region 20... meanwhile Itlerion was causing problems in the North. Smiley

About Diplomacy: It's not really needed when everyone realizes there is a common enemy rising...
If you keep attacking your "weaker" neighbours, then of course you are sentencing the whole Conquestday.

Since was Itlerion first time, I hope he thinks carefully next time in areas like: Domain distribution (too spread is bad), reading again Orders given by all (and speculate future), take better decisions (you are obliged to attack with at least 3k army, BUT you arent obliged to defend everything).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:45:52 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:27 AM »

Of course you are both right. That was my first conquest too and I made many mistakes. It was big fun anyway Smiley
Next time ill play in very diffrent way. I'm really happy that I can play with you guys Smiley
Thanks

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: