March 29, 2024, 01:21:30 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 132909 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »

i understand alavet but we cannot have the game be over when the first 3 armies have been lost

i dont understand what you are asking about the terrain

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »

about terrain i mean that liek 3or 4 battles were on snowy terrai nand all snowy terain is usually big (good for mortairs ^^)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »

Ok then, i'll use the miltia to defend the depot then Smiley

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »

about terrain i mean that liek 3or 4 battles were on snowy terrai nand all snowy terain is usually big (good for mortairs ^^)

ah yes, thats because you fight in mountains, isnt it fun, last game was all forrest all the time

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »

I think my army 2 is supposed to be disbanded and my 4th army should be created previous turn.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »

sorry your 2nd army is the new one, thats been created this turn

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »

some balance issues: feel free to correct/add remarks to my thoughts

i tested goblins/empire vs drow (with sipax) and we tested empire vs necros (with cholio) and just tested drows vs orcs with whfreak
for empire we agreed with cholio that 2 mortairs is definately too good for empire. they're very deadly, especially on middle-to-large maps (like training, vingetrone, goblin forrest at night, etc).

as for flagellans issue - it need to be tweaked somehow. maybe remain 3 flags still ok (since now w/o mortairs flagellants easier to outnumber).

i personally think (and cholio agree) that drow cavalry seems pretty strong. i dont know whats the reason, maybe immune to fear adds up another effect to moral, but they're fleeing like never (and they have 3 allowed regiments). we think stats for it should be revised - LS from 8 to 7 seems reasonable. maybe tweaking their stats as well (or price?).
maybe some other fixed should be applied for drows - i highly recommend all to test drows agaisnt diffirent nations. jsut feling that they're very (too?) strong against goblins & empire.

also please choose another banner for x-men of drow and swordmen - its literally impossible to see whcih of them are xmen and which swordmen in the heat of battle.

p.s. also drows assasins range is too high. theyre capable to provoking armies, if enemy doesnt have another very long ranged units or artillery (and even if he had). range of xbow should be reduced for assasins

p.p.s. and their infantry also pretty good. we jsut tested it with whfreak and they're really strong (we didnt use cavalry). maybe it was cause of he used x2 assasins?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:30:56 PM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »

How does the UU thing works, I don't really know it because last game (drow) i couldnt use any.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »

At first you need at least one UU-Territory. Then you have to place an army on a Depot. Then wait the next round on it and you can change your army and you can add an UU to it. If your race has 2 different UU-Units you have to get 2 UU-Territory then you can place both in an army.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »

important addition: if u have only 1 UU territory u can choose only 1st UU unit fro mthe list.

so for example for vampires if u have only 1 UU u only able to get 1 wight zombies, not chaos infantry
at least it what i heard from flak during first conquest
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 04:51:33 PM by alavet » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »

Drow is the dark horse of conquest i agree that they are not as well balanced

My main idea was to have them with all troops immune to fear and higher cost but maybe that doesnt work.
Their regiments cost more than regular human regiments. Maybe its needed to remove immune to fear as only have higher LD to simulate their dark nature.

would it be better to give assasin a shortbow? maybe with a good rate?
i will maybe give drow xbows the empire xbow banner or skeleton banner which is best?
i will change rules to 1 mortar and we will see how the flaggelants do with less support

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »

well skeleton maybe better. shortbow is ok for assasin even with good rate.
its ok if they immune to fear but maybe fighting skills should be lower then. as for cavalry ls=7 might work as well.. mayeb assasin' WS or TO should be lowered. they're very hd to kill. actually i never ever killed any assasin in all my tests, i mostly made them flee (cause they seems like not immune to fear)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »

i have changed banner
made Drow weaker in combat but retain immune to fear
Assasin now have shortbows and have less WS/TO/ST

sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »

There can i download new drows files?

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »

here you go mate

* Drow Nation.zip (0.71 KB - downloaded 287 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: