March 29, 2024, 02:32:39 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 125303 times)
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »

I am active everyday on the evenings around 9-9:30 (Swedish time) and the afternoons Smiley. What are these two non-aligned chaos armies then ?

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »

like alavet says if you are very sure that you have the time to check you status daily and mostly a few times a day then you are welcome

im sure we can devise a plan for you to enter the south lands with a rouge army,

lol i donnu who Mikademus is talking about but something can be done im sure, please choose a nation not allready used

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2009, 09:26:07 PM »

are the mercenary faction available? Oh and what files do i need to dl and where do i insert them?

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »

the files are here http://forum.dark-omen.org/overview/conquest-battleground-t362.0.html;msg2420#msg2420

and this is how you do
unzip into the dark omen folder
inside the gamedata/2parm/DO Conquest you will find the nation army files, copy the file inside the nation folders into the 2parm folder and overwrite the file in there. This gives you access to the nations troop roster

yes mercs are available, so you may go and make 3 merc armies now

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »

Do i put the files inside the for example Drow nation in 2parm folder? Cause all the files nearly looks the same so they'll just replace one another in the 2parm map;S

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »

yes you move the file you need for your nation into 2parm

the files are all called the same and will overwrite eachother so you can only have 1 nation from each race loaded at one time

Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2009, 10:43:47 PM »

There are 3 army files in the 2parm (2 player armies) and the saved multiplayer armies.
-HU_ALLMP  Humanarmy
-GS_ALLMP  Greenskinarmy
-UD_ALLMP  Undeadarmy
-saved armies like army001, army002 and so on

You need to copy the nation file from the downloaded conquest folder, f.e. the mercenary HU_ALLMP and paste it into the 2parm folder.

now you can create your own army in the game by chose the Human > create new 5k army

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »

Is it allowed to duplicate items, like 2 banner of defiances ?

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2009, 11:04:08 PM »

no only one of each and max 5 items, altho potion of strength and enchanted shield does not count in the 5 items, neither does hart of woe for undead.

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2009, 11:08:34 PM »

Armies are ready, which territory will be given to me and when will i be added?

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »

i will add you when this turn is over, 2 days maybe, im not 100% on where yet but it will be in the south

if you havent played the conquest ruleset, then take the time to test your armies before we throw you into the war hehe

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2009, 06:17:53 AM »

i feel bad about whfreak's beahaviour. even he is my ally Sad
i want to ask all conquest players take a maximum response time for a 2 days, and a usual response time 1 day. i mean, yes we may force your armeis stay if you delayed but sometimes it may crush other' players plans if you just stay ;-)

so before registration please to considire you possibility of participation on daily basis.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »

Hey, I have noticed some things.

Some people want to play often and some want to play less often. The Campaign has a round time of one week, but this has not been followed...

So my suggestion is to try out something like the monthly tournament, except that it is a campaign. Meaning that we play a small campaign over one evening instead of the continuing one. The fights are usually rather fast, and giving orders is quick as well, so I do not see a problem in this.

If we decide to do this, the continuing campaign could have a more relaxed pace, while the monthly one would appease the ones that want fast paced action.

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »

The Campaign has a round time of one week, but this has not been followed
haha nice try Smiley

well yes i damn want to play every day (at least for mon-fri) or in 1-2 days.
but i dont like "fast" campaing or "tourney" cause i dont very big fan of mass action.

1-2-3- battles per day is perfectly fine by me, and 1-2 days/per turn campaing fits me pretty well.

maybe it will be fun to create one smal skrimish battle (like 5 territories with 5 players) to be done in one day, (and we definately will need initiative draws for that) but it skrimish not conquest.

as for current conquest - yes for some reasons flak made it for one week, but well i hope there is enough action maniacs to process it faster? and we may change rules now if needable i dont see logical reason to special slow down it if majority of players wants that.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2009, 05:02:45 PM »

I intended Conquest to be for the one of us who likes a little competition and not just test games 29 days out the month and also the ones who didnt mind putting a little extra time into it and im very pleased with the level of commitment that the 5 of us have had this game so far.

Im sure Warhammerfreak will have a good explanation for his absence when he returns, he is in school and it is busy time for them.

We cannot also hold of the game indefinitely it has now been 4 days since Turn 5 started with moves, so now even if we go by the 2 turns a week, we have to move on so the rest of us dont lose the pace.

It is stated in the rules that if a player fails to make a move then his armies stand by, and if attacked they retreat.
Warhammerfreak might have decided to hold his armies anyway as he just lost 2 armies so its not the biggest loss.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:40:29 PM by Flak » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: