April 19, 2024, 03:32:01 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 125832 times)
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »

p.s. i think that your ally doesnt help you much L:)

Well if you consider the fact that I could be attacking him too, then I`m doing plenty.

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »

btw i think we should force ppl to attack the capitol if they stay near capitol over 2 turns.

yes its illogical and against our common sense of war but otherwise for example malus have no chances if he has defending army he cant attack but grend may take every territory and finish malus then.
the reason is that DO is not actually turn based strategy as we doing now, but more wargame, which means wins mostly should be gained from the batles, not from the "global map tactics". even though it willnt help malus anyway if he has defending army but still i hope he will feel better.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2009, 08:43:34 PM »

"When moving in a nations own and allies lands then an army has 2 moves, when entering hostile or neutral lands then an army has 1 move."

Whats the problem? Grend can´t attack my capitol with army3 cause he is 2 fields away. The rules say 2 moves own land or 1 at enemy land, but not 1 at own and 1 on enemy land at one turn.

If i stay at my capitol he wait and owned all my land arround.

At turn 3 i lose an army, and order 6 says, i can create at the end of a turn a new army if i have enough depots.
At end of turn 3 i got the capitol and 1 depot, so i´m able to create a new army at end of turn. or not?

i´m very confused now whats going on there!

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »

if you lose an army in turn 3 then you get it at the end of turn 4, after all existing armies have moved in turn 4

So Grend cannot reach your depot before you get an army back, the only depot he can reach is the capitol.

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

So i stay with my army at the capitol and wait for next turn?

Then it will be!

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:18 PM »

good choice i think  Wink

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2009, 08:40:18 AM »

few comments:

1) there should be limit for refreshing armies after several battles at one turn. its logical.
it will allow to kill one army with 2+ atatcks at one turn, otherwise, like in current flak example, his army will be unbeatable when he able to buy new units and have defending position.

i think we should allow to refresh army only one time per turn. i mean, if for example there is x3 attacks then in the 3rd time defender should use reaminign army from the 2nd attack.

also i think maybe we should restict refreshing armies at the same turn at all. i mean, situations where is possible to use x3 attacks is very rare, and then x2 atatcks will not affected as well. you know, defending armies on defending territories (capitols) can be very effective and might have no loses at all. thus it will allow to feed and refit and create big attacking army which is not great
how do u think? i think its pretty logical.

2) i think army cant be reffited if it was attacked at current turn and even if not moved. but its should be discussed maybe we should allow i dunno.

3) what about adding up new feature: allow armies to "defend mode". rules are:
-army should declare "defend mode" and wait for x2 turns non moving.
-after x2 turns current territory, where regiment placed, became "defending land" and thus any map will be defending map.  maybe we should allow armies to defend more then current land, but also x2 lands around regiment?
-if army moves then land became usual one, and "defending" maps will appears as usually.

4) flak pls give your thoughts about breakout army as you said.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »

Some good points

I guess what you are looking for is a way to "Fortify" an army, not to have the capitol automatically be defensive
To add to this is that im planning to alter the random system for maps so that really unbalanced maps like road to kislev will be more rare than more balanced defensive maps like blighted towers will be more frequent, a percentage chance to get the maps not a random dice.

I think that by only allowing to add 1 or 2 regiments per Re-fit is better than a one time chance to re-fit. I guess you have a case in claiming that a defensive army can become too strong if it sits and defends. Maybe an army has to be unmoved and un-attacked to be able to re-fit.

I also like the idea to defend the neighboring land, to implement a zones of control rule is good thinking

Well the breakout rule i was thinking of is that when a nation is down to one depot/capitol then to still make that nation a threat to the enemy and to avoid the enemy leaving the capitol alone not risking attacking it then the last depot/capitol will generate a breakout army every 2-3 turn, that army has to attack the siege army. Im not sure on specifics yet

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »

you aint got me right Flak,

Yes i also talked about refits but in article 1) i meant only refreshign armies after the battles, up to the initial amount of people in + upgrade items. I dunno whats the term os it, but i call it "refreshment".

and what i suggest is to prevent armies to refresh untill next turn, cause it seems to be absurd that for example defending army will be able to get much stronger after they defeated few attackign armies (liek in your battles with whfreak when he lost x2 waves on you).

to get it more clear lets see hypo situation:
you currently have army2 with low q-ty of units, cause i was able to win in and killed few regiments (and lets imagine even not all regiments have full q-ty of men in it.
lets imgaine i have 3 armies near your army and i decide to triple attack it.
also, lets see: you got lucky and got defending land, i try to attack but with big luck you able to kill whole my army w/o big loses. after this battle, by current rules, you're able to refresh your army instantly. So when i attack with my second army i surpisely see much MORE regiment placed at the battle and lets imagien i loose again, if my 3rd army (if ever) will face with much more stronger army than initial one, which is absurd.

but its not absurd to allow refresh army after battles/turn cause now you have enough time (1 year=1turn or whatever) to recruit and train new soldiers.
also then it will be possible to capture capitols againt emprie for example with double/triple attacks.

thus i want add up new rule: refreshemnt of the armies is only possible on the beggining next turn after the battles take place. sure enough, if you have only 1 battle in current turn you might refresh it immidieatly, the rule is only affects double+ attacks.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »

with the current rules in between the battles in a double attack, the defender is only allowed to fill his surviving regiments back up not to get new regiments,

in between the 2 battles with warhammerfreak i was only allowed to replace the loses i had in my surviving regiments and not to buy new regiments, i was lucky not to lose any regiments completely, tho most where down to 3 to 7 men

with double or triple attack the defender cannot add regiments to his army

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2009, 07:41:53 PM »

by the way one friend of mine (also Russian) wants to participate at the new conquest. the bad thing that he is very unexperienced and will play bad. our sugegstion is to alow him to play as a neutral territories, with same or 4k armies (to feed, lol)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »

well that sounds great alavet

i would allow him to play neutral militia armies but he would most likely lose alot as these militia would not consist of high class troops and he might be a very busy man as alot of the players would attack neutral land to gain XP

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »

Im reeeeeally interested in joining this Conquest game of yours, ive read through the rules, so i got a basic idea of what's it about. But is it possible for me to join in now in the middle of everything, cause i understand that you have already started, or do i have to wait for you to finish this one and start a new one ? Smiley

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2009, 05:20:31 PM »

o think its posible to allow you play grey area if oheres agree and you will confirm your activity for EVERY day or at least once at 2 days in some moments

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »

Couldn't he play one or two non-aligned chaos armies or something just out to upset the game for the other players? Cheesy A bit like barbarian tribes in Civilisation?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: