April 19, 2024, 02:46:40 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 125843 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »

just had a new battle with Nitrox and now its a challenge to win, it gives goblins a chance tho still i had many units left it was much closer and the scull was better than normal

lol altho i had a ghoul regiment move into a fleeing goblin regiment to get past them to attack some archers but the contacts with the fleeing goblins made the ghouls flee Shocked

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »

lol altho i had a ghoul regiment move into a fleeing goblin regiment to get past them to attack some archers but the contacts with the fleeing goblins made the ghouls flee Shocked

They are flee because i'm used a banner of wrath, killed some zombies didnt past LD test and start to flee.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »

lol ok that was it then i was like WTF

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »

u need to define rules for multi attacks now flak

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:17 PM »

i think i have

When a multiple battle is ordered it has to be carried out even if first battle goes bad.
The army that is being attacked may not buy new regiments only buy new troops for the surviving regiments in between these 2 battles. Regiments fleeing with white flag are not protected by the ROW they may be attacked and exterminated.
The 2 attacking armies will split after the battle the 2nd army will occupy the new territory and the 1st army will return to its original territory. 2 allied players can also make a double attack with one army from each player, if this is the case then the 2nd army will be the one to capture the territory.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »

so main idea isnt changed, leaving defending armies able to refill whenever as many times as the ywant (except dead regiments)?
tthats bad

ps. i also think allowing gobbos 7k army lvl2 shaman is ok

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »

having to calculate loses and stuff like that is a good idea but impractical, disputes could easily rise from that.
I think that suspending the ROW in multiple attacks which will in most cases be on capitols needs a chance to prove it self, as the 1st army only has to focus on say the archer units to render the defender helpless in the next attack.

I wasnt sure on lvl2 goblin shaman but if you think they need a little bit more edge then lets try, Goblins are surely not a pushover any longer  Smiley

* conquestv27.zip (11.14 KB - downloaded 323 times.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:52:10 PM by Flak » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »

if some1 is fammiliar with creating .gif files i think it will be funny to create animated conquest map (in slow rate)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2009, 01:22:24 PM »

New Rule added

Militia armies
An addition to the army rules is the militia army.
If a Capitol or depot which is unprotected gets attacked, then the population will rise against the invaders. The militia army will not be featured on the battlefield and only exist for the purpose of one battle. The general idea is to not allow small defeated armies to bypass the real armies and take vital lands, the rule is in effect to promote battle. If a capitol or depot is attacked by a real army then do not exspect to do more than a dent, the militia is not spose to be able to defend against a full army only to scare off small armies.
The militia armies will be made up from 3000 gc and also has a few restrictions as follows.
Militia Army Restrictions
No mages
No cavalry
No UU Units
Max 2 bow or artillery regiments
Max 1 monster
Max 1 item (Potion of Strength does not count as an item)

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2009, 08:19:32 PM »

i think UD catapuilt should be increased in cost for example like about 550 or 600 (600 too high comparing to the 900 for mortair, so if u gonan make it 600 then allow mortair to be at least 1000)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2009, 08:59:18 PM »

ive done that, i did feel 400 was a bit low

You know how to change the price yourself so i dont have to make a new version for just that change as we have no other vampires atm

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2009, 11:46:36 PM »

Flak you should compress the pictures in the thread, cause they need nearly one minute (they're more than 2mb) to load with my internet connection. You coult try Gimp for this, it's something like photoshop but for free.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »

And don't save a jpeg-compressed image as png. That's a waste of space Wink.
And never use JPEG for such pictures because it just causes lots of compression artefacts, png is much better for this cases (and reduce color to 256, should be enough for it)

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2009, 06:08:30 AM »

Nitrox, please disband your armies if you're going to do that. just keep in mind about that if you're going disband it u need to order it.

also, am i right that if i attack enemy army which is surrounded by the other territory (like gb5 and partly gb1, they cant retreat anymore?
im asking about it cause goblin army so cheap, that may afford whole new division after retreat (standard goblin regiment cost about 180 or so and even if u lose u get 1k, allowing to buy new 5 goblins).

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »

that is correct alavet, if surrounded then they are forced to disband after losing

bembe and ghabry i used win02/bmp i think the format is called
i dont like Jpeg as it messed up the colors

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: