March 19, 2024, 06:27:10 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 124972 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »

short comment: drow seems to be suck

I won with drow 4 of 5 battles agains Flak, so no I don't think, that they suck.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »

I certainly think they are worse then other nations.
I played with them like 6 times and my opinion is that the only good unit they have are the assasins because the archers cost 600 GC and I think they are worse then Xbowmen. And the ballista never did anything because my army was more offensive then the other one's so I "should" come forward. The infantry seems good since they dropped in price since last time.

About empire, I think they still are the best army in the game. They seem like the daemons of Dark Omen.

Also mercenary seems not to be as good as the other nations to. Though I didn't play them.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »

I won with drow 4 of 5 battles agains Flak, so no I don't think, that they suck.
Maybe the problem is not drows but F-...

Well well well, Tongue that was just a j-------

*aaaaaaargh!*

See you, space scorpion !
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:44 AM »

maybe Flak had soem reasons on that? (lol, its just a joke)

btw, Kypper, i see yoru activity at forum but never played with you (i guess) and u dont participate in conquest. may you advice why Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »

lol excuse me kypper Shocked

I think actually that you are both right, at first me and bembe tested drow and they were strong maybe too strong
so i lowered their strength but various alterations.
Now with all the improvements to the other nations Drow seem to be lacking behind slightly so i think if i restore them to how i had them in the beginning then they will strong enough.

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »

maybe Flak had soem reasons on that? (lol, its just a joke)
btw, Kypper, i see yoru activity at forum but never played with you (i guess) and u dont participate in conquest. may you advice why Smiley
I have no free time... Maybe in 50 days... Tongue

Otherwise I would lead my armies of skeletons !

See you, space scorpion !
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:37 PM »

kypper only has time to be sarcastic  Wink

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »

ok finally list of questions:
1) whats going after one nation got defeated? maybe it will be fun to allow winning nation to use one of the defeated nation units?
2) who is attacker and who is defender when 2 armies declared move/attack to the similar terrtory? random draw?
3)
* It is bad manners to force a charge on the battlefield unless with in range of an enemy regiment. Such action negates the rules of war.
i dont like idea non chargin while facing mortairs fire (not charging agaisnt archers is ok)
please allow regiments to charge if you want to evade mortairs shot. i think tis reasonable, cause otherwise mortair is just dead machine.

also i want to note for everyone not to use charge then. cause in our test battles we both used it and i just want to udnerline this rule again.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »

Well Alavet good question and i asked myself just yesterday when i took a look at the map
If the territory is owned by one of the players entering then the hostile player is the attacker
If they both enter neutral territory then they are both attackers and must both expect to have to be offensive

To aviod mortar ok ill edit the ROW

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 01:36:23 PM »

-whats going after one nation got defeated? maybe it will be fun to allow winning nation to use one of the defeated nation units?

-there is only 3 x q-ty of players army depots on the map, isnt it?

-may i take neutral territory if i near allied territory like that:
i go to the ally territory (1/2 turn) then i go to the neutral territory. is it ok?
what about enemy territory?

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »

1-whats going after one nation got defeated? maybe it will be fun to allow winning nation to use one of the defeated nation units?

2-there is only 3 x q-ty of players army depots on the map, isnt it?

3-may i take neutral territory if i near allied territory like that:
i go to the ally territory (1/2 turn) then i go to the neutral territory. is it ok?
what about enemy territory?

1 You mean in the next game?

2 Every player starts with 2 depots and 1 capitol

3 Yes you may take neutral (white) territory no matter where it is. You move on allied land like on your own 2 territories per turn. Neutral and enemy land is only 1 territory per turn

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »

we tested some drow armeis again with whfreak(before battles) and got little suprised with results:

assasin costs 750, has range fire and "regen" and magic resistance but he is not good at all.
and treeman costs 999 and win assasin w/o chances.

also drow army sucked pretty much during our tests so our suggestion with whfreak is to
1) increase treeman in cost for a little (1100)
or decrease assasin in cost (for 125 at least)

drow infantry also should be decreased in cost.

also wtf at experience gained fro mkilling assasin?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:56:57 PM by alavet » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »

is grey area avaliabe for conquire or not?

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »

important/urgent comment: after 10th turn or so we SHOULD allow people to buy new armies for 7k gold. after 20th (or so) we should allow ppl to use 9k armies.
with possibility of using lvl2-4 regiments.

otherwise i bet we will face after very few battles, that (for example) flak hordes will feed a lot (i actually believe in that) and it will allow him to buy much more regiments in his army and thus allow him to process futher battles vs other new/standard 5k armies with very small loses.

i think its obv, cause he has (for example) very good elfes archers and now it might be balanced with 5k limitation but after he will be able to get more blocker units to the archer he will became unbeatable.

i was thinking about it and actually belived that it might be no sene to get allied against any1 if he has good army, cause if his army really good and balanced it will only allow him to feed much faster..

sure its a pilot test but i belive that the most important part of the conquest is the first 4-5 battles, after it might be over pretty soon.

(especially for some factions, like mine and flak factions, cause we both have very good strong units (grail and evles) and only balanced cause of low number of other units, which will be negated soon (if we will play well)  

from my point of view, additional way to negate it - is to allow ppl fights against "neutral" territories vs. weaker armies (like 3k) to allow them feed as well, and if they even will loose whole armies it willn't be over for them since they might feed their armies against weaker ones, not stronger ones.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »

scrabash doesnt works vs drows, even though they flee from usual panic.
for some reasons it seems wrong

p.s. also book of ashur for alliance seems very useless to buy from the start, cause u dont have mage in army first, and after creation u unable to buy racial artifacts anyway...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: