March 19, 2024, 07:25:25 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 1st Game Chat Room  (Read 124974 times)
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 10:02:20 AM »

Hi I would like to participate. Necromancers, or Mercenaries are my favorites  Smiley

On vacation
Malus
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »

I want to play NOW.  Cheesy

Lets start the conquest fast as possible!

The greenskin (if i allowed to play them) will conquer the world!!!

Waaaaaagghhhhhh!!!

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

Glad to have you with us Grend you have been noted with your favs

hehe i know Malus i wanna start aswell
just wanna make sure we got everybody ready

How about making 1st move on Wednesday or Thursday?
Diplomacy can be discussed when we have distributed the nations, i doubt much will have to be made for turn one to be made

The good news is that everybody seem to have different favs so this means that everyone gets their 1st choice Grin
Beware of the changes that is still being made to the DL file, so dont make the game armies yet only test armies

For the game i will make a new topic where we make moves and other official stuff, this topic will be the "chat" topic
The maps that will be on shown will be a copy of the actual map as the real map is 8mb big
for those who would like their own copy for close exterminations you will need a program to read paint shop images, PM me your email address and i will email it before we start Smiley

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »

i think we should now allow peopel to use diplomacy untill regiment will reach another player' border

and we may allow diplomacy for all players only since 5-7-10 turn assuming the ambassadors just reached other nations.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »

Diplomacy is allowed but i just meant that it might not be too necessary at the game start

Diplomacy is instant, it would be too much hassle to have to count ambassador travel time too

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

instant diplomacy is shit!

and we need to consider of usage horn. its very powerfull artifact in rather weak army i suggest to ban it in use untill, say, turn 20 for other armies if they managed to get it.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »

So far ive not put the horn in use

Im not sure if it is suited for this style of game, the only way i could figure to introduce it is to place it in a secret territory and the first to take that will get it and only have one horn in the entire game so that only one army may carry it, as a unique item but in no sure

I think that alot of the difficult issues in the rules for Conquest can only be properly suited with learning what works when we play the game, its hard to know how it will work without getting the rules tested properly, so i look forward to getting it underway Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:10:16 PM by Flak » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

ive just created merc army and some very fast few shots:
1) does cavalry have increased stats? if not, they should be reduced in cost. i think 1k as max is fine
2) i think swordmen should be reduced in cost. 450 seems ok
3) ogres should be decresed in cost as well. 900 is ok (they worse than cavalry)

p.s. WTF FLAK we just tested it with whfreak and he told me that treeman cost 501 now its ZOMG. indeed treeman not good but he cause fear and hard to kill (even he is cowardish ass). my cavalry fleed almsot every time he atatcked with treeman.

we need to fix it!
1) treemen for 2 q-ty as max
2) cost for 900-1000 at least

and again merc army seems just too small. maybe we need add them some units from the alliance or emprie i dunno but now very poor choose from either swormden, cavalry and ogres which is kinda funny when u face with such army but not funny when u deal with it.
i actually may see adding flagellants to them as a good idea - why we need strict rules to prevent similar units in game? or maybe remove flagellants from the empire...

p.s. what about adding them outlaw infantry (as in singleplayer) with some specials for them? (like good leader or w/e)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:38:04 PM by alavet » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 12:14:13 AM »

Cavalry does not have improved stats no, grungebringer swordmen has better WS than greatswords/halba as they have bonus's to attack with their weapons. Swordmen are 435 in cost as normal

Ogres might be slightly overpriced but they are good troops, if empire loses flags then they dont have a stronger alternate unit and it leaves them weaker so that doesnt help. A reduction of ogres might be what is needed for mercenaries and dont forget they have bright mage, crossbowmen also and pistoleers aswell maybe allow 2 pistoleers would help them.

Treemen are hard to price as they are like trolls and spiders, sometimes they save you and sometimes they just end up letting you down. i would say that 750 like a vampire cost is decent enough for a treeman

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 06:16:50 AM »

i dont agree with price for cavalry and ogres, which seems need to be lowered.

the problem is that merc army aint able to rush now. cavalry & ogres only 2 units which will cost half of your army, and they may easily be disabled by either panic attack on them or few blocker units. after you bought 2 attacking units (while i think its obvious that swordmen is very mediocore unit to attack with) then you have money only for 3 swordmen as max, assuming you want to have at least few artifacts with them (& mage).

thus the only possible armybuild is like cavalry &(or) ogres, 3-4swordmen, mage and few artifacts (hopefully). i guess even mediocore goblin army with enough fanatics in them may handle this poor setup. not saying about empire mortairs which will smash half of your swordmen before they reach anything or orcish lobbers... and this army will suffer from the panic effect as well (well any army except empire will be, but merc army has worse armies)

i think that alliance in that way doesnt even need to have archers to defend - few treemans (for panic) and some of elves/dwarwes might handle a lot of poor skilled swordmen.

if situatuion will remain the same i wish best of luck for the merc players (if any of them will be).

from other hand, i agree that mercs able to defend. crossbowmen are good, canons good as well, and the only headache will be to have enough gunmeat to handle enemies while our crossbowmen/mage doing their job.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 09:04:17 AM »

i guess a way is to lower swordmen down to the level of orc boyz, to give the Mercenaries a cheap unit to go along with the good but expensive units it has in the roster.

Ok with this i think we can now try to start the game

You guys have told me your favorite nations, so now we get started soon

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »

How about discussing how bad the troops are AFTER the first Conquest Rounds? :Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

that remains to be seen Ghabry  Wink

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »

How about discussing how bad the troops are AFTER the first Conquest Rounds?

guess what? we already played some test matches with whfreak.

its something "bad" to use unbalanced armies in the game, thus, is better to balance them BEFORE campaing start.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »

short comment: drow seems to be suck

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: