March 29, 2024, 12:16:56 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wheel of Time Campaign tester  (Read 31952 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »

Heya lads

Ive been toying with this idea ever since i started the Wheel of time books a year ago and 2nd time round the books now, i think i have enough understanding of the world to create a campaign. I do have a few things i need to iron out and i could use some input.

One issue is the fact that trollocs are stronger and tougher than the average orc or undead that you face in DO.
Myrddraal are as tough as vampires in WH and alot more common, ive made them regiment leaders and to simulate the killing of Myrddraal linked with trollocs, the regiment dies if routed.
Ive been changing the sprite used for trollocs from wights to ogre's, since there is no ogre ranged sprite i use dark friend archers as their ranged units.

The commander is Al'Lan Mandragoran, this gives me the flexibility to span the campaign from the Aiel War to Tarwins Gap and to the Last Battle.

Borderlander units have +1 WS, +1Ini and +1LD compared to Southlander troops. Aiel are the best human troops, besides from Aes Sedai and later Asherman

ive included a Beta with 2 missions so try it out and see what you think

Ive added it so it can go into mods and be selected in the game menu

New DL with sprites included http://speedy.sh/9Gq97/Mods.rar
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:46:21 PM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »

Sounds like Gleemen will be telling this tale for may years to come. I've download it and will post more feedback soon.

Many Thanks

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »

hehe indeed Olly, a Story worthy of Thom's storytelling

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »

Well I don't know if my Modpack DO folder is working correctly, I habe Chaos Dwarf in it too, and these things are happening:
- Chaos Dwarf signature in loading screen
- Wrong banners compared to after-battle-screen
- Wrong unit naming (I guess^^)
- Sprites?! Regular units are Fire golems/orcs, Archers are the orcs of the normal campaign; I have Morgan with 6 and Morgan with 20 men (both called Grudgebringe Cavalry) plus 15er dwarf archers (useless in the 2nd mission imo, called Imperial Bowman ingame) and 25er halberdiers (Imperial Halberdiers)
- "Wrong" minimaps - same like in the original campaign, I don't know if it's just unfixable, same for inter-mission-talking^^

So maybe it would be cool if u Flak could give me a repaired DO-with-Mod-Pack-Folder Cheesy

But as u can read, I made the first mission Cheesy but the second seems strange, the 2nd archer regiment can't help much...
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »

Made 2nd mission Smiley 3rd one (Grissburg) is not in the Beta, right?

But definetly nice stuff! Smiley  Cool
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:50:33 PM »

oh Hari that sounds like a lot of trouble with the mod textures and sprites, im currently using a clean install of DO to make the mod on so i guess i need to include that in the Mod folder for it to work right

You are spose to have 1x6 Cavalry Command unit,  1X20 cavalry, 1X15 Cavalry Archers and 1X25 Halbardiers

Enemies are for the most part Ogre's with Wight or Skeleton Swordmen Banner and Brigands with Ghoul banner

Your cavalry archers Hari only has shortbows as used from horseback, this does make it alot harder to use them but in WOT the borderlanders dont use archers on foot much unless in a garrison. You do have a highly mobile force and the cavalry archers are good in close combat. Flanking is the way to go, Trollocs are cowards if they seem to lose a fight

New DL in the first post Smiley
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:53:08 PM by Flak » Logged

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »

Ok; some of the enemy Inf had Skeleton-Inf-Banner btw. It's funny seeing them retreating Cheesy I'll check it out tomorrow!
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 11:27:08 PM »

cool i hope it works now

Guys how are we on the "renaming units" side of things and change of music?

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 12:13:13 AM »

Well, you have to use a Hex Editor to alter the unit names.
This is supported by the Mod selector:
If you have a modded Engrel place your EngRel.exe in a folder "PRG" in your mod directory, the mod selector will then use this file.
So take the EngRel.exe, copy it in a PRG folder in your mod and hex edit it. When you start Dark Omen now (the normal EngRel.exe, not your modded one) the mod selector applies your changes.

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »

Ok, I removed the Chaos Dwarf folder, now everything is fine...

...except the third mission Cheesy of course I won the first try, losing one Inf, lucky punch... I lost the following ~10 times and now i got it again - but I need more ~3k gc to refill all regiments...

Main problems:
- BGK only beatable with >17men-Inf + Defiance to tank him
- First wave only endurable if the 2 Regiments in the Southwest corner stuck a little bit and walk both southern behind "their" house to my troops; every time they split it was hopeless try Cheesy
- And of course due to several 1vs2/3 random fleeing is denying and chance, too^^ but luckily I only had one blatant flee, when 6/6 Main-Unit-Morgen ran away ^^
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 10:40:05 PM »

thanks Ghabry, i tired it but i musta done something wrong, ima try again, i changed something but i dont show

10 times phew and you kept tryn, nice
it does help if the enemy gets in its own way, Trollocs are spose to be stupid so you know what they say "its not a bug, its a feature" Wink

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 12:02:23 AM »

Well, I still need several tries to get out of there with a financial plus...
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 06:34:49 PM »

Your original EngRel.exe (that you run to start Dark Omen) must not be in a folder called "Prg". This is a bug in my redirection code I never fixed ^^.
When it is in Prg_Eng everything is fine.

If this is not the case: Upload your mod directory.
(or provide a file dump by opening a console (cmd), navigating to your mod dir and typing "dir /b /s > files.txt", filelist is in files.txt)

and about the
- "Wrong" minimaps - same like in the original campaign, I don't know if it's just unfixable, same for inter-mission-talking^^
I (and olly) know in the meanwhile while this happens (in single player). But there is currently no fix for this :/

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »

hehe Ghabry that sounds simple  Shocked i will try

unfortunately i have gone and cut a chunk off my "mouse" finger, so im somewhat slowd down  Sad

the minimaps have been changed according to me swapping the maps around so we will just have to live with it if even olly and ghabry dont know why, its minor anyway

feels good to work with DO again  Grin

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »

Ghabry stop talking and start testing Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: