March 28, 2024, 10:00:38 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rise of the Dead 2 Beta  (Read 34134 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »

So far so good but been busy with 3D Portrait Heads, can't wait to carry on the Campaign though.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
thelastarmada
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »

Ive only managed to beat the First mission, with unsustainible losses.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 12:34:16 AM »

Meh, should have read the first post before playing xDD

First BIG THANKS TO OLLY  Undecided for giving me the current Mod Selector with Mods and helping me with getting it started Smiley

I just bought Merc Inf and Imperial Bowmen and Grudgebringer Sword leaving 1250 (also because cannon is too expensive) and played the three missions after Trading Post (without Orc camp ofc ^^). Although Fanatics killed half of my Cav in the third mission, I even survived that one; however i lost ~700 gold overall ...

... atm it seems to me, that it would be great to earn some more money. Is repeating trading post meant to be possible?^^
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 01:52:40 AM »

hari8, you got the wrong version. This was a very first test i send to Olly in a private message.

Yes i had the plan to have loops but it turned those into a "grind" to get easy gold, so i removed the idea.
The Trading Post is currently not available. The campaign starts after it. Your first 2 missions to chose from are a) help Carlson with the trouble in the south or b) help to defend Helmgart. Ofc after your visit in Altdorf and the chance to spend some gold.

I'm not sure if i should release the next update because i need some more feedback. There are a lot of, how to say, possibilies how someone may get along. The gold rewards are the most important part as you don't get most units for free anymore and still need to fill them up.

@thelastarmada, did you also download the files from Ollys Dropbox?
If not, then try to help Carlson first. Going direct to Helmgart is more difficult.

Thx for the testing guys.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:58:40 AM by Malus » Logged

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
thelastarmada
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 06:33:13 AM »

hari8, you got the wrong version. This was a very first test i send to Olly in a private message.

Yes i had the plan to have loops but it turned those into a "grind" to get easy gold, so i removed the idea.
The Trading Post is currently not available. The campaign starts after it. Your first 2 missions to chose from are a) help Carlson with the trouble in the south or b) help to defend Helmgart. Ofc after your visit in Altdorf and the chance to spend some gold.

I'm not sure if i should release the next update because i need some more feedback. There are a lot of, how to say, possibilies how someone may get along. The gold rewards are the most important part as you don't get most units for free anymore and still need to fill them up.

@thelastarmada, did you also download the files from Ollys Dropbox?
If not, then try to help Carlson first. Going direct to Helmgart is more difficult.

Thx for the testing guys.
Yes i did Smiley
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

Oh well, I played the first missions there too, but I dont remember how things went  Undecided
I bought MercInf, cannon and archers. Plus, i had enough money to buy flagellants in Grissburg and Bright Wizard back in Altdorf.
I just played Brigant attack and Helmgart. The first one is perfectly ok resp. pretty easy, even with the necro spelling shitloads of purple stuff Cheesy Helmgart is quite strange, them auto-attacking support units are very difficult to handle if you dont want them to blast your own army ... plus several screaming skulls hit MercInf and killed my wizard. Incl. 5Altdorf I have just about army in full strengh and 300 gold atm. Now i replay Helmgart.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »

Now i replay Helmgart.

Ok, everything cool, plus I almost gained some gold. Next mission was no problem too, but did you change anything there ?! Then I used my savings to buy Bigswords; the mission after Kemperbad was ok, though I lost some horsemen to Fanatics (I'll retry from this mission, but I dont want my guys to get shot by those shotgun-archers Cheesy). I survived Steamtank-mission without steamtank too, but I wasn't able to check if them archers behind me are still carrying anything valuable Wink

What do you want to update? Further modded chapters? I saw Blighted Towers provide more enemies than in the original game ...
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »

Apologies for any confusion I will reinstall and upload again. I think that the mods only work with English version of Dark Omen (EngRel.exe in PRG_ENG) and I do remember Hari8 having German version.

If you aren't too far along then I would advise reinstalling English version and retrying the mods as Malus says "Your first 2 missions to chose from are a) help Carlson with the trouble in the south or b) help to defend Helmgart"

* MalusRiseOfTheDead2a.jpg (116.19 KB. 640x480 - viewed 927 times.)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:38:33 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 04:13:52 PM »

It's ok, as I said, I played them (help Carlsson) some days ago ^^
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »

Played until Hand of Nagash, except it wasn't there anymore ... at least I gained some money Smiley but Axebite is a bad joke without my wizard  Angry
ste9villa
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »

hi don't know if this is the right place to ask this but....would it be possible to add the helblaster volley gun crew into the game as it would be a great addition to this mod
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 08:45:25 PM »

It's all possible but let's wait to hear from Malus first

Smiley

mafk
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2023, 08:51:49 AM »

I have noticed some missions does not work properly, but maybe they simply arent ready? For example the helmgart mission, if you are delayed (as in not defending) you simply get a black screen. But perhaps this is not finished yet, or is there something wrong on my end?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2023, 01:52:15 PM »

Switch to cpu mode instead of 3d mode in game options as there is an old sprite not compatible with the new 3d mode.

mafk
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »

Still geting blackscreened on helmgart mission(a few others aswell) all i see is the top bar that says mission is over.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: