March 28, 2024, 11:34:03 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Project: High Elf Singleplayer Campaign.  (Read 8289 times)
Mr Shadow
Orc Boy

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »

Greetings Dark Omen Forum!

I have recently started re-making the Dark Omen single-player campaign from the High Elf point of view,
and it's time I notified the forum about it.
I will be posting updates here when available, with pictures and stuff (not just fancy words)

The reason for this is that I wanted to make a campaign the way I would like it to be, but there is already a Mercenary story, a Wood elf, Goblin, Dwarf, and as far as I can tell a Brigand/Empire campaign in the making.
In addition I wanted the new story to fit (somewhat painlessly) with the original campaign. That´s when it hit me;
BlimeyIcandoaHighelftwisttoitdammit!
Normally, in the regular Warhammer world, I consider the High Elves to be a bunch of poncy gitz, and have a great deal more enthusiasm for the murderous Dark Elves.
However, in Dark Omen things are different, as I not only get to make a campaign to my liking, but also have the great pleasure of accually visualizing the High Elves with new Sprites and Banners!
And you'll have to agree, that´s just down right dirty fun!  Grin

So far I have done all the Banners (some I will revise a bit)
The Rooster is pretty much complete and some of the missions are complete.
I'm working on the Sprites at the moment, and if i'm not to particular, that shouldn't take too long.
After that I have to do the play-testing and mission-altering.

I have no pictures of entirely completed regiments just yet, but stay tuned...

Wish me luck!
Mr Shadow.

”Die Uhr geht vorwärts und sagt Tick-Tack, Rommel geht rückwärts und sagt Taktik”
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »

I wish you Good Luck, Mr Shadow! I'm looking forward to playing the High Elves faction, was always one of my very favourites!

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »

I have the 2 most up to date high elf warhammer fantasy books so if you have any questions about rules they use or about their looks, you can always ask me.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »

This is great! At the moment High Elves are the only team we have no plans of doing anything about, so it is good that someone else is interested in doing them! Perhaps later it will be possible to somehow make it work alongside the stuff we are doing in DOE.

On vacation
Mr Shadow
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »

Thanks guys!
This is turning out to be more fun than I even imagined it would be.   Grin
I have an extensive (and somewhat fanatical) knowledge of Warhammer rules as well as the High Elf Army Book for the, what, sixth edition? to lean upon, Warhammerfreak. So i'll be quite fine, and as you can guess, we are two of a kind.
It would be nice to get your opinion about what differs from the version I have and the latest, exept for the dreadful ASF-rule of course  Tongue

Down to business:
I have here a couple of pictures showing what i'm up to. It's the preliminary work for a High Elf Mage Lord.

As you can see, it's a simple colour swap from the Icemage with a few details added, for now that is!

Watch this space.
Mr Shadow

”Die Uhr geht vorwärts und sagt Tick-Tack, Rommel geht rückwärts und sagt Taktik”
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 12:30:52 PM »

It would be nice to get your opinion about what differs from the version I have and the latest, exept for the dreadful ASF-rule of course  Tongue

On top of my head, in sixth u have ithalmir barding(no move penalty for armor), in seventh it is one. Now you can take hero mages on dragons, called dragon mages, they use the lore of fire and have flaming sword of ruin( wich is a boost spell, u hit 2+, +1 attack and +3 str for one combat round) and they get a free dice for every spell they cast. The general isn't chosen randomly anymore like iit used to be in sixth. The special rules for high elves vs dark elves is now reroll failed psychologie tests instead of just panic. Dragon princes and swordmaster gained an attack, phoenix guard has a 4+ ward save, white lions are always stubborn.

This is what i know on top of my head(why do i know all these things Tongue Grin)

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »

about your banner, try making 1 pixel lines with color other than transparent to the bottom, right and top. This should help with your banners not getting cut off
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »

High Elves will be so cool and as Grend says, ideal to incorporate into DOE!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: