March 29, 2024, 07:31:47 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Goblin Campaign  (Read 67962 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »

btw you made very hard campaing sir!

Tupi Nose's goblin warriors do become rather hardcore by the end, i tend to rely more on them than i did on the cavalry
oh wow. actually i lost these regiment at Empire map (where you may see wights with banner) and was too lazy to re-play it. guess i need to load this game?

i actually felt bad when i got human cavalry in my goblin troop and dont like skeletons in my army as well! they're so weak, lol.
will play it anyway, though!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

hehe well i kinda combined them with the story if youve read it

lol the skeletons i lost myself when i played it too they are rather weak and has to be protected abit i think

and why thanks mate i was tryn to make a campaign that gave new life to the story and i felt that the original campaign was too easy by now when its been completed so many times

the empire with the wight is actually very hard i remember that map but possible

you can look forward to my Dwarf campaign that will be hard too and very different too

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »

Hi.

I've downloaded the campaign form the download section, and  - tried - to install it.

The campaign seems to be, huh, half installed. I got the rights enemies (humans ans dwarves in the second battle), but I control the normal campaign units (Grudgebringer army). :/
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 01:55:28 PM »

it seems like you have the wrong army files in the 1Parm folder, so re-check the zip files and see if they are missing or didnt install right, do you have the large installation?

or maybe just take this file here and put into the 1Parm folder

* PLYR_ALL.ARM (4.59 KB - downloaded 410 times.)

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 11:50:54 PM »

Thanks for the file, i'll try next week-end (don't have my DO cd now :p).
I think I got the large install (~260 mo install on my HDD; will check this next WE too).
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »

Flak, in case a regiment is needed for the story you can set it as "must survive" in the BTB file. Report in to the channel for more info about this Smiley

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 06:21:59 AM »

so i reached kislev yesterday at your campaing. and there is joined one bandit archer (guess he will eave after the battle) wtf is this unit?

you probably was just experimenting with this stats? i actually found this guy very useless. he possibly have BO maybe like 10 or so (firing very fast) but still rarely hit. maybe its need to increase regiment crowd to 4-5 at least..

and i found sceletons pretty weak. there was few battles i used them agaisnt another regiment (1v1) and after the battle i saw thier stats kill/dead as 3/17 or so (lol).

the main unit in my army at your campaing is shaman and rangars. my goblins still hvnt reached lvl2 cause they as useless as sceletons but also flees (and if i add banner to them they either die or kill 4-5 units as max anyway lol).  the most important thing at your campaing is a banner of lightings,  maybe this artifact cause my ragnars feed so fast..

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
alb
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »

great campaign - i love it!

i have a few question:

1) is there a way to destroy building? the spells dont work and i would like the book of ashur.

2) are the items in the buildings from the regular campaign? then i wouldnt have to nuke all building Wink

thx
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:48 PM »

wait wait wait pls say me whereto find book of ashur. i finished DO so long time ago so i forget it.

asl o i noticed therre is no shield of ptoloss at brighted towers, is it correct?

and there is 2 banners of antimagic at goblin camp, right? (i missed one enemy regiment tho, anyway seems doesnt really much worth)

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »

1) is there a way to destroy building? the spells dont work and i would like the book of ashur.
Use the Bolt Thrower

2) are the items in the buildings from the regular campaign? then i wouldnt have to nuke all building Wink

There should be all items from the "original" game.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »

wait wait wait pls say me whereto find book of ashur. i finished DO so long time ago so i forget it.
It's in Bogenhafen (attack the house which has green smoke)
But it's a bit difficult to get with greenskins Cheesy.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 05:10:38 PM »

yes all the regular items found in houses

its a challenge to get the goblins strong enough to with stand powerful enemies but its possible, always plan to have 2 regiments to face 1 enemy regiment, use the goblins against the weaker enemies and get them some XP

the skeletons again like the goblins cant very well make it on their own but can support another regiment.

That "bandit archer units" Koniev the Hunter is a dark elf assasin, he uses a pistol and has very fast reload and two-handed weapon for combat, you will find that he is ok in close combat, he has regneration and causes fear because of his unholy appearance.

I have found the problem with the Juzak riders i think, for those who havnt yet started the campaign ive got a new 1Parm file, for you who have already started, the only way is to use WH32 edit and edit your savegame file, the go to the Juzak Gangrene, in "general unit setting" one of them is called "mounted on" that needs to be changed from "nothing" to "Boar"

* doedit.JPG (92.5 KB, 823x617 - viewed 841 times.)
* PLYR_ALL.ARM (4.59 KB - downloaded 389 times.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:27:49 PM by Flak » Logged

alb
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »

i got a bug:

the armor of the skeletons always resets

could u explain to me, how u fixed it with the barbarians, so i can edit my savefile?
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »

ive just had a look and i cant see the problem, is it when you add lvl 2 armor or lvl 4 armor?
because if its with lvl 4 then i think its because skeletons can only have up to lvl 3 and eventhough ive allowed lvl 4 then its not scripted and the game wont allow it.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 06:35:44 AM »

ive faced with bug yesterday when playing misson before moussilion (when you have troll with 10+ armor). troll refuses to go (maybe his armor weights too much?Smiley) actually i hvnt noticed him at first so he stayed at his starting place maybe thats the reason

will this troll stay with me in future?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: