March 29, 2024, 01:38:36 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Goblin Campaign  (Read 67965 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:55:09 PM »

hello everyone
We have all completed the campaign many times and even tried to make little changes ourselves

My new invention is a Goblin Campaign
Join Rahkahn the Strong and his rouge band of renegades in their quest for coin, artefact's and dwarf gold.

Rahkhan is the leader of a Goblin army, he is feared by the Empire and the by the Orcs alike for his ferocity in battle.
Even in single combat Rahkahn is dangerous rumor goes that he killed an ancient vampire once and took his lightning staff.

Rahkhans 2nd in command is the Night Goblin Captain Tulip Nose. Nose is a veteran of several Orcish invasions of the Empire. His Goblin warriors are some of the best Goblins around. The story of his name is that he got bashed in the head by an Ogre shield when tryn to capture an Ogre artifact.

There is so far only one battle ready as not all battles can be edited and the only way to find out is by hit and miss method.

Hope you all like it

* goblin prewiev.rar (2.51 KB - downloaded 598 times.)

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »

Hi Flak

Very cool idea, I tested it and it worked proper. Good job. But I have a few suggestions:

• The sprite of the Orc Bolt Thrower is 4x the same but it shoots only one bolt. Is there an error in the sprite handling or in the bolt handling?
  • You could also change the banner in the rooster list by rename the original files (ollys idea).
  • I hope you will extend the campaigns. As a new feature i thought about the map: Ghabry have anywhere a tool (or a tutorial) how to change the points on the map (where the army moves from town to town). Perhaps you can ask him.

And a last question: Did you win with the greenskins agains the empire?  Lips Sealed

But anyways, very good. I'm looking forward to the next release.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »

Thanks bembelimen for playn and commenting

Yes its because ive since realized that the unit leader sprite is meant to be "Balista" and the men "Orc Boys" or maybe ill even make em "night goblins".
Im a little nervous about changing names and number just incase theres a code connected so the banner name and the actual banner may not be the same but ofcz it remains to be tested
I have extended the campaign ive created all the player regiments and edited maps to B2_04
There is a problem with editing Undead armies as Zombies being raised from the ground causes some problems, but im working on it. Regardless the greenskins will be transformed into humans and dwarfs

Just like Morgan, Rahkhan will encounter many different units on his way and the ranks will be swelled with more than just goblins however the goblin regiments will grow strong and be quite a solid force.
Being that the campaign has one less fighting regiment from the start cz Rahkhan has taken Morgans Cavalry spot, ive given Rahkhan stronger stats to count up for the fact that he is a wizard and warrior like the vampires are.

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »

Great Stuff!

Our shared Dream has alwasy been to make the Trading Post (Map 1) into a goblin Camp (we can add the Orc tents already (using Mikademus' Map Text Editor) and change (using Rob's BTB Editor ) the positions of the AI Starting points.

So the Enenmy (now Human or Undead) may suddenly appear in different places. As well as making Player 1 Goblins start in their Camp.

There is also talk of how to drop more AI onto the Battlefield and how to give them Basic Waypoints/Attack Triggers and Max numbers of AI allowed.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »

The first Night Goblin Balista is now in service with Rahkhans army hehe

ive made the 3 lil balistas into 1 balista and 3 goblins
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:42:54 PM by Flak » Logged

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:21:01 AM »

Wow, a new campaign. I will check it later.
Have you edited the army with Wh32Edit? Because the program doesn't support army header editing and so the Banners will be wrong in the troop menu if you havn't used a greenskin-header.

I hope you will extend the campaigns. As a new feature i thought about the map: Ghabry have anywhere a tool (or a tutorial) how to change the points on the map (where the army moves from town to town). Perhaps you can ask him.

I don't have a waypoint editor (only a cheat to view them ^^). You can only change the auto deploy position.
Or do you mean the overworld map? Look in the GameData\GameFlow Files with a hex editor. The values in it are x-y-coordinates (for line drawing). You can modify them to change the path they walk between the mission. (Maps are in Graphics\Maps). No tool for easy editing available, sorry :/. You can view them with the DOT-Viewer I created some moths (years?) ago. It's not the best viewer but better then nothing Wink (the lines should be correct, except World 4 which looks strange)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »

Thanks Ghabry yes i have used WH32 editor and WH2 editor. WH32 to change un-encountered units and WH2 to get stats on units. Its a great tool Ghabry

I prolly wouldnt mess with editing maps and all that, im making a story to go with it that can be printed out and read as you go along.

Ive played with the trade post map and i cant change anything not even add 1 goblin without it crashing so map one has to stand unchanged

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »

This is very nice and a great initiative! If you need some particular functionality in the tools ask us about it and we'll add it if possible Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »

thanks Mikademus and ill be sure to ask for assistance

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »

Or do you mean the overworld map?

Yep.

You can view them with the DOT-Viewer

That's the one i ment, but i didn't remember if it was a editing tool or only for viewing

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:43 PM »

nope i cannot edit undead armies then it goes wrong, but the undead armies a alot more challenging with goblins than with grungebringers i can promise hehe

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »

HEHE look forward to the Great Forrest maps, so far thats where i am

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 11:56:24 PM »

Yes its because ive since realized that the unit leader sprite is meant to be "Balista" and the men "Orc Boys" or maybe ill even make em "night goblins".
Im a little nervous about changing names and number just incase theres a code connected so the banner name and the actual banner may not be the same
You should be able to modify anything except the "Unique Unit ID" (Earliest Apperance in Wh2Edit). Only the Unit Types should be the same (don't change e.g. Balista to Cavalry) or you'll get AI-problems (not moving units and so on...).

There is a problem with editing Undead armies as Zombies being raised from the ground causes some problems, but im working on it.
The Zombies are Hardcoded in the EngRel.exe file (together with the Fanatics), so it's a bit difficult to change them (as long as we don't understand the *.ctl-Battlescript-Format) Wink. To find them just open the engrel with a hex editor and search for Fanatics until you find two regiment-blocks.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 12:13:59 AM »

so far it looks to me like undead battles crash if i do as much as even add 1 man to any regiment
where as orc battles i can change the whole thing with no problem

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »

im not far from being done now with the battles atleast, then the campiagn story needs a bit more work

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: