March 28, 2024, 01:44:14 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Campaign  (Read 52994 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:35 AM »

Really Enjoying testing the Chaos campaign - thanks!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »

Glad you like it. It's cool seeing someone else playing it. Big thanks to the maker/s of DO Expanded. Cool
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »

Just an update. There's still a few crashing problems that I'm having trouble pinning down. I need breaks doing this because it's very frustrating. I think it's just a case of too many enemies at the same time in a lot of cases. I've included an easy and hard mode (and six others by different combinations of the 1PARM and 1pbat files).

It should be ready in about a week hopefully. I just need to tweak a few things make sure sure I've got the stats right. I'll have a small list for you Olly if you don't mind. I'll list all the stats in my post and you can then just tell me which are wrong to make it easier. Then I just need to put the giant in if he's ready. (:

How are you two finding it? Any problems or mistakes apart from crashing a lot in certain battles?
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »

Just another quick update. I should have the campaign ready soon. I needed a short break from it but I'm going to start one last play through to take care of the last few things that I put off and maybe make a few improvements along the way.

Easy, medium and hard modes are now quite distinct from each other with the troops you get. I've made the players hard army better than the standard one and the easy army weaker, but not enough to compensate for the tougher enemies. It means you can use the standard or easy army on hard mode for a harder or hardest mode for example.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:05:00 PM by Gold Bearer » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 07:19:09 PM »

Sounds Wicked, can't wait!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »

Just to let you know I haven't given up on this. It was getting very frustrating and time consuming because of all the crashes and I needed a break from it. I'm quite busy at the moment with a couple of other projects but one is almost done and the other is more of an ongoing one so I'll be getting back to this soon. It's not dead, just sleeping.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:34 PM »

With the latest mod developments, it will make it much easier to add more sprites and avoid crashes, for when you return.

Smiley

Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 07:32:51 AM »

Hello. I can't believe it's been three years Shocked since I last work on this. That's crazy! Glad to see new campaigns are still being released. I'm going to resist the temptation to play them until I've finished mine but I can't wait to try them.

I'm about to start back up with my campaign, hopefully it will all come back to me when I start messing about with it again. It was the blighted bloody towers that stopped me because I spent so much time swapping units around to try to figure out what was crashing the game that it put me off going back to it.

I'm going to finish it with what I've got before trying any of the new editing tools or sprites and then I might make an enhanced version 2 edition after with new troops by giving the player choices of which troops to take like after the blighted towers battle if that's possible, or other people might enjoy modding it.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 10:05:05 PM »

Welcome back and will look forward to playing it.

Thanks

Smiley

Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:03 PM »

Blighted Towers is a bit more stable now but I'm still having problems. Is there something specific in that battle that's scripted and gets messed up if you change the enemy troops?

I've noticed that giving the wizard a bright spell book instead of waaagh doesn't stop him from using waaagh spells but it still crashes sometimes when I use the original wizard with changes to other troops so I think there's more than one thing crashing it but I think that the wizard might be the main problem.
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »

I think it is the wizard. It's really annoying to test because I make one change at time try to isolate the problem but it doesn't always crash so I make another change and don't know which change is messing it up but it seems to happen a lot when the wizard is doing stuff and not as often if I kill him quick. Even though he's still got the waaagh spells I think the bright wizard sprite might be causing a problem.

Could you (or anyone else) do me a favour and edit that battle so that the wizard (orc shaman) isn't given any specific commands that could be causing it to crash?
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:55 AM »

I've been hammering into testing the blighted towers today to try to finally get this sorted. It's not the wizard, I gave him the teleport spell by mistake and that's what was messing him up before. Giving him the other bright spells as items works fine. What it really seems to not like is increasing the size of virtually any unit.

A have a new question. How simple would it be to remove every magic item from the battle maps? I want them all to either be used by the enemies or to come with friendly units.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 11:25:35 PM »

Good question ->

Use Mikademus' CLI .prj editor tool and paste into 1PBAT

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/1.-modding-tools/1.-map-editor/spaartan-command-line-battle-editor.html

and type the following commands ->

open b1_05

PRJ

INST

help INST

list magic

INST 12

set magic 22

This will change the Book of Ashur to the Bright Book or simply set to 0 to clear the item

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Magic_Items

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/artefacts-t574.0.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/199267-warhammer-dark-omen/faqs/22285

Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »

Ah cheers I'll try that.

Just in case anyone else wants to mess about with enemy wizards, I think burning head makes it crash as well although it works most of the time. It might be a coincidence but it's crashed twice now right around the time you get the laughing skull sound effect for it. Wings of fire doesn't work because it needs to know where to teleport I think so that makes sense. He doesn't seem to ever want to use the sanguine swords for some reason. I think the others are okay.

This is for giving the blighted towers wizard bright spells in magic item slots. He's still got his waaagh spells though, changing his spell book does nothing. I'm not sure if these spells will work for any wizard.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 05:26:31 PM »

Have a read of this guide ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/how-to-create-new-mods-and-campaigns-t1251.0.html

Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: