March 29, 2024, 12:26:07 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Monsterous Menagerie  (Read 74696 times)
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:11 AM »

Well I would like to request that a Moderator please delete the link in the first post seeing as the movie depicts a COMPLETELY different campaign to the one supplied in the Original Post.

What I will do (once I test Battle 2 and maybe Battle 3) is recompress a new ZipFile containing the new version so people can test it out but until then it's best to avoid the link given in the original post because the Monsterous Menagerie Campaign is now MILES away from the first version Wink
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 12:25:13 AM »

Done and Good Idea.

Thanks

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »

Thank you right back Wink

Got a movie of battle 2 on the way in the next 10mins!
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »

Warhammer DO - Monsterous Menagerie PT2. (RopeDrink Custom Campaign)DQ | by Aeva

Battle 2 - With far better music Wink
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 12:45:16 AM »

Haha! Better music indeed! Cool remix of Ben Daeglish's 1983 Commodore 64 smash hit song "Commando"! :thumbsup:

Please share! Smiley

RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 05:46:20 PM »

I get all my remixes from C64Remix website.

It's a huge influence to my movies and game making as I started working with game editing etc when I was 7yrs old on C64 / Spectrum128k hence I've a sea load of music like that to relive those years ^^

I've just tested Battle 03 & 04, they are challenging indeed and once I get a recording of Bogenhafen or further I'll make another video and make a 1-5 Battle .ZIP of the Mod so far for people to test themelves.
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »

Ok, Round 2 of Beta Testing, this time using the improved RotD format (And credit has been given to Malus in the Install.TXT though I would prefer if he gave me his thoughts, himself).

http://www.filefront.com/17333170/Monsterous Menagerie.rar

Dowload Link to the GameData/1PARM (Army File)/1PBAT (5xBattles, Mod stops at Bogenhafen so far) of the Monsterous Menagerie work in progress purely for people to try it out in it's new form.

If possible I'd love if a Moderator could pin the download link once again into the main post for newcomers, though I do stress that this is still heavily in beta and likely to be changed far more. - Done Darkmancer

I've played and replayed all fights leading up to Bogenhafen and have come to this conclusion regarding the difficulty.

a) I can beat it but:
b) It often requires several attempts at refining your tactics ie. It's not a campaign where you can just breeze through it but it can, at times, give the impression of ease. Sometimes a battle will kick my ass, other times (mostly with replays) it's a matter of learning what works though other times you can fluke through it, mostly due to the fear mechanic of two of your regiments (but this is actually required to survive, as opposed to old Undead campaigns where you were horribly overpowered thanks to Fear/Terror).
c) Like the original Greenskin campaign, money may become an issue. I will likely add plenty of cash drops to some enemy regiments to help with this as opposed to increasing the 'value' of enemies just to spice it up a little and encourage more devastation.

No story as of yet but if I complete this mod and balance it well I'll be quite capable of cooking one up.

New Units include:

Night Elf/Outlaw Marksmen:
(These can act as Artillery or Archers depending on Enemy AI but both work the same).
Hard to reach single units with quick firing rifles that can mince your army if left unchallenged).

Banshee:
Undead Infantry Casters - These form the basis of enemy casters so any level containing a Caster (Necromancer etc) will have these. Typically start out as normal but later become Adept and very VERY dangerous as they take a bigger beating than a regular Wraith but contain the same Armor properties and can cast while moving. Until the first level you will only be able to beat it using the Leaders Grudgebringer Sword so bare that in mind.

Night Elves - Bare similar movement speed of their Wood Elf cousins twith equal combat traits in melee and ranged, though have a hatred for Light and Flame.

Night Elf Infantry:
Small pockets of Night Elves, same properties as Wood Elves though prone to Fire Damage. Core of the enemy Army.

Nightbound Infantry:
Led into combat by mounted Dark Lieutenant's of the Undead, these units are slightly tougher than typical Night Elf regiments.

Night Elf Cavalry:
Vicious Horsemen - Prone to Fire.

Night Elf Marauders:
Led into combat by Nightlords and Vampires as part of the Night Elf alliegance with the Undead - These are not to be underestimated or trifled with as the footmen are vicious and their leaders are much, much worse.

Night Elf Ballista:
The only known Artillery unit of the Night Elves, they've remoulded the Orc's own primitive weaponry for themselves for battles in which they are suited, though aren't all too proficient in their use in comparison to other armies - Still, it can tear chunks out of anything their bolts collide with.

More to come as I work on it further - If I do ever complete a full Singleplayer campaign with this Mod, I'll work on custom banners and maybe even sprites.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:07:48 PM by Darkmancer » Logged
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:34 AM »

Thank you very much Darkmancer Smiley
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »

Do not take few replies here as lack of interest! I am keeping my eyes on this mod! I've got to admit I am almost afraid to try this one, it seems intimidating!

RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:08 PM »

Well matey I make music, animations, games and game mods - Moderate on one of the biggest Irish WebForums in the country (Game Editing being one of those Forums) and, while not exactly confident in what I do, I still plaster it all over the place looking for constructive feedback on how to get better - In a lot of those cases it's wise to expect that not every community is vast and active daily, or willing to talk immediately about things, so don't worry - I don't take quietness to heart - I did a bit of digging before I decided to join up here so I knew what to expect in most cases Smiley

On the flipside, if you're scared to try out this simple edit of the game, people like you will never give feedback on how to make it better (And you, so far, are the one who has encouraged it's creation the most in the thread).

It's easy to make something 'look' good, but looks are one thing - For all I know it could be a terrible Mod but nobody has given any feedback, so I'll never know Wink

I've played DO Singleplayer for so many years I know every alternate pathway, what spawns where, how they'll act etc - Safe to say someone like me could easily make a Mod too difficult for someone less experienced or even new to the game. I'm going half-blind with this one as I'm basing it off the Rise of the Dead Mod so I do need help to maintain balance! I've already given the Spider Regiment a minor minor little buff and tried tweaking the enemy regiments once again (Not included in the download link above) and have to do much more - Would be wise to get various other players opinion on the difficulty if they decide to try it.

I'll work on this more later or tomorrow!
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:23 AM »

Right, I inadvertadely (spelling) made another movie of the Campaign - I didn't intend to make one but for some weird reason I wanted to upload something with the music supplied here (It's Drum and Bass so by all means, mute it ASAP if thats not your Cup of Tea).

Even though it was meant to be a musical thing, I figured there's no harm throwing it up here to give a further look at how this is going.

This fight is still a bit too easy so I'll be tweaking it in the future to make it tougher. The battle where you try to help Azguz Bloodfist, however, is NASTY Wink

Gaming Tunes: Dark Omen vs B-Complex (Beautiful Lies)DQ | by Aeva
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »

Wicked!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »

Right, I looked at the underpowered nature of the Player Army and made another change. I noticed I hadn't even bothered to use a Scorpion in the Player Army despite it being the Monsterous Menagerie.

And so, in line with spicing things up I've gone and thrown him in... But not as a Monster/Infantry... No, Skorpoic is not your everyday Scorpion - He is lead by 2xGoblin Shaman who seem to think that being a weak little Shaman (In numbers [especially if one of those numbers is a huge Scorpion]) will make their day easier.

It'll replace the Orc Shaman you normally recieve. It has slightly less speed than a regular Monster/Spider/Scorpion and is Cowardly, so even though it can inflict Fear thanks to being ferocious, those 2xShaman will not last in a physical fight and that means goodbye to your Scorpion if you use it in melee without tactics. In addition, this unit may or may not be able to carry items - I wasnt to test it first to see just how strong a faster moving, tough WAAGGGHHH caster is a and guage how overpowered it is (If at all).

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 06:11:35 AM »

fighting shamens guarding scorpion seems very unortodox :-)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
RopeDrink
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 06:32:18 AM »

This whole Mod will be unorthodox.

Troll leading an army? Spider leading a regiment of Orcs? Shaman using a Scorpion as bodyguard? Orcs teaming with Humans/Mercenaries?

Undead teaming with Night Elves?

This whole thing is different Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: