March 28, 2024, 07:54:39 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Goblin Adventures  (Read 106149 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »

8 Flags shouldn't be fought in melee before they are shot by what was left of goblin archers (it's a must to keep them) and Ogre magic. I had Gaze of Mork (or how it is called) which helped a lot, and overall the Ogre was the champion in that mission.
By the way, I think if try to deploy all troops the lower the better, 8 Flags won't come at once. At least they didn't when I played.
I sent you my exact tactics as a personal message btw.
Anyway, I agree that Helmgart should be adjusted as well as Bogenhafen was. Luckily enemy armies adjustments don't require restart of the game.

P.S I hope you don't play on hard difficulty? Like Kilowic did. IF you do let me adjust your savegame files.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2012, 07:18:17 AM »

Reduced enemy strength in Helmgart: weaker mage, less bowmen, less several of the other troops. The download link is updated.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »

I tried new version. It's a little bit better and i got new tactic Smiley ill stay on hard mode Cheesy

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »

No, i play normal^^

I will try your placement first Smiley nah, don't helps, Flags spawned at all tries...

But luckily there is another possibility to pass this battle Smiley Just wiz, route him, route him and route him Smiley
I placed him near the stone in the corner and because of that, Halbadiers, Horsemen and Flags didn't spawn at first^^ I circeled the stone and after that, I ran direction hill, then they came.^^

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:24:04 PM by hari8 » Logged
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »

I did it ... i lost archers but i did it (they died in accident when were running with the white flag and got accidentally shot by mortal :/) i wanted to see the next mission and now I really surrender Smiley mega difficulty is not more fun for me - not worth my anger Cheesy

LUCK IS THE KEY. My black orcs destroyed one regiment of halberds instantly and I killed the wizard with crossbow shot of my hero (THAT'S LUCK)

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »

Cheesy

Okay, made it to the Blighted towers.

Imperium: ***** fleeing goblins are annoying...
Great Forest: Huh, only one additional regiment? -.- but funny fights Smiley
*dont know how it's called*/steam tank mission: nice massacre, but annoying - I needed ~8 tries because of some regiment fail -.-

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:17:19 PM by hari8 » Logged
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

Great Forest: Huh, only one additional regiment? -.- but funny fights Smiley

Well, Black Orcs is the fifth regiment from the beginning. They actually take place of Greatswords that appear before Great Forest fights. So yes, here you get only +1 regiment. But the Black Orcs were required for 1st quarter to be more dynamic and interesting.

Ghabry is close to discovering philosophers' campaign stone, I am going to ask him for a few things for my dwarves campaign, but I don't want to touch what I consider kind of finished Smiley
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »

Just played trading post (of course with the hard difficulty army). I nearly did it on my 3rd attempt but then my leader got killed by an elf archer arrow Sad.

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2012, 06:10:04 AM »

Elf archers are nasty provided that the army lacks Cavalry in the 1st part of the campaign.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »

While testing Helmgart Mission, was surprised that enemy Artillery is still buggy there.
Here is an updated CTL file, just put it into ./gamedata/1pbat/B1_07/

* B107.CTL (18.02 KB - downloaded 567 times.)

The link in the first topic post is also updated.

* B107.CTL (18.02 KB - downloaded 567 times.)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »

Alright, finished regular campaign Smiley Black Pyramids even in the first try!! Smiley

Gold is ok, I had 30k at beginning, but sometimes 36k, sometimes 25k Smiley
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »

Nice, grats Smiley
Well, Black Pyramid shouldn't be that hard. But if you consider it too easy, I can always enhance it a bit.

Also, your feedback is welcome Smiley do you consider any missions boring or too easy except the last one? And which you liked most?
I played it on hard difficulty though, so I am not sure about money and such. Probably hard difficulty requires more money to reinforce even though units are fewer Smiley
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:27:27 PM by cuthalion » Logged
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »

Well, it was pretty close, 5 regiments died Wink Black Orcs, Spiders, Bolt Thrower, ...

Hm, 1st Loren Mission is a bit annoying because harder part is in the end - if you fail 10 times you have to pass 11 times the chariots... last one in the snow with hand of Nagash is funny because Nagash destroy many enemies Cheesy
Loren clearing (?) is unplayable, Loren Lake is pretty cool; apart from annoying shoot-teleport-wizards^^

...what else do I remember... Mousillion is cool, GS vs. UD isn't that bad with a lot of magic Cheesy

I think this campaign is a must play after the regular to prepare for Multiplayer because even regular version is harder than origin campaign (my record is 41k gc after Mousillion^^)

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0mqov4aj8s2xnq/Goblin%20Adventures.zip?dl=0

Archive files are to be placed inside /Dark Omen/Mods/ folder.

Latest version of Goblin Adventures.
A few things are updated.
1. Units (both friendly and enemy) became more aligned with Warhammer books.
2. A few troop adjustments. One of them - Goblin Wolfriders have joined goblin army from the very beginning. Prior to this, army lacked cavalry or other fast units at first part of campaign.
3. Inter-battle  cut scenes have now ogre/orc heads.
4. Overall difficulty was somewhat reduced. Most annoying missions became a bit easier to pass.

P.S. Could someone add download link to the first post in this topic?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:24:15 PM by cuthalion » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »

Fantastic many thanks!

Smiley

p.s I changed the link in 1st post

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: