March 28, 2024, 03:25:04 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Goblin Adventures  (Read 106142 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »

Well, to disable a unit of Knights isn't a problem.
As for the campaign, I was more speaking of the possibility to do such things in future campaigns rather than changing the current one. So if you confirm it's possible then let's wait till I (or whoever will need it) build another campaign or addon to the Adventures that includes those alternative missions.
For example, if you enable that change right now, the Goblins will have to fight same Goblins in B4_03, I wouldn't want it Smiley

Im also interested in activating/deactivating units, for example, I would rather reactivate Helmgart Bowmen at the moment they leave the army and keep them until the end of the campaign, while I would disable on of the later units like Pistoliers or Elves/Knights.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »

Fantastic! Another historical moment in Dark Omen modding, wielding the power of WHMTG scripts.

Great job guys Smiley

Grr, I have to replay Trading Post again ^.^
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »

Grr, I have to replay Trading Post again ^.^

If you post your latest savegame, I can update it with recent army changes.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »

Well, i have a bigger problem now - DO (even regular one) wants a reinstall...

Can you pls send me a d3drm.dll?
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »

hari8 did you complete Helmgart ? I can't do it - I'm only getting very very angry :/

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »

As I said, I had no time to play since Monday, so I only made it to Bogenhafen v1.0.

And now DO isn't working Sad

It wants d3drm.dll, but when I put in to EngRel it says sth like an error occured during the installation, pls reinstall.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:40:28 PM by hari8 » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:11 PM »

So you've downloaded d3drm.dll

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/5.-miscellaneous/d3drm.dll.html

and then try reapplying the Intro Crash fix  (just incase)

http://en.dark-omen.org/dark-omen-and-windows-xp.html

and if it still doesn't work, then rename your Dark Omen folder and reinstall full version and reapply Intro Crashfix and d3drm.dll before launching game and then u can replace folders from your old Dark Omen folder, such as your Game saves and Map 1pbat folders to save time.

Let us know how u get on, so you can hopefully continue Cuthalion's new alternate Campaign.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »

and if it still doesn't work, then rename your Dark Omen folder and reinstall full version and reapply Intro Crashfix and d3drm.dll before launching game and then u can replace folders from your old Dark Omen folder, such as your Game saves and Map 1pbat folders to save time.

I made the first two steps, but I didnt helped. Then I named one of my three DO folders "Dark Omen" and now every EngRel starts regular game... Huh?

If I change the name again, I have "an error occured during the installation, pls reinstall" again...
And when I try Auto-Run from CD when no folder is called "Dark Omen", it still tries to run DO instead of installing it...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:02:09 PM by hari8 » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »

To reinstall Dark Omen from CD you have to browse/open the contents of the CD and double click on setup.exe, instead of using Autorun when you insert the CD.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »

hari8 did you complete Helmgart ? I can't do it - I'm only getting very very angry :/

I've just got to know you are playing 'hard difficulty' - army that was in my first campaign post.
At release 1.0 (or even before that) I increased own troops quantity so that it would be less annoying.
(hard difficulty army can still be found in \gamedata\parm1\plyr_hard.arm. Rename it into plyr_all.arm before campaign starts)

If complains about missions impassibility are in normal difficulty, it's a reason for adjustments. If in hard - well...  Wink
I can only say that no mission out of 25 is impossible.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »

Yeah well I'm playing with "hard" version where I got 2 spiders ... It's very very hard and the worst thing is that luck is key to victory there. I'd like to play online battle Cheesy I miss them so much becouse of your campaign Cheesy

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »

Ok, ty to olly I can try now Smiley sry for Off-Topic^^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:53:24 PM by hari8 » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »

i would take a copy of your original working Dark Omen folder and rename it to Dark OmenOriginal and then reinstall Cuthalion's mod into your working Dark Omen folder (now u have a backup copy). Simply rename folders back to Dark Omen depending on the version u wish to play.

Smiley

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »

Road to Bogenhafen: AI shot one Bigsword Regiment themself Smiley
Bogenhafen: Still crazy shit, but fine now Smiley

Helmgart:
1) Dafuq? What is this deployment zone??! ... well let's see what cruel thing he made this time...
... ***** YOU! Cheesy
2) So, let's try another deployment... k, 8 Flagellants beat 15 Dark Orcs k and 9 Big'Uns k...
... well lets get the mortar... THIS FREAKING LUTHER BURNING EVERYTHING MOVING! not funny...
3) ok until now... hi luther! 2 Spiders and 5 Dark Orcs against him...
*MORTAR HIT*
Luther: 'omg, who tickled me?!' Spider leader: 'Get the ***** out of here' Dark Orcs: haha, which Dark Orcs??
-.-

maybe I have more luck now Smiley
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

Let's see...

...well cuthalion, u know where they are coming from, but we do after 2-5 battles too, so u have better strategies then we have (multiplayer come on!) or more luck Wink

4) Haha, always play 'til everybody is dead - mortar is a good amusement:
2 Black Orcs (Lvl2, Grudgebringer) defeated Luther abd after that 9 archers, 8 Horsemen and 5 foot soldiers Cheesy

*white flag* too hard/too many Flagellants/too hard mage...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:19:16 PM by hari8 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: