March 29, 2024, 02:34:22 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Goblin Adventures  (Read 106171 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »

Did you start a new campaign after my last update a couple of days ago or did you copy armies from Plyr_All.ARM into your savegame and files B1_05 into 1pbat folder?

We agreed that Bogenhafen v1.0 had been too tough to be fun and I updated some stuff.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

I installed it 2 days ago so I think I have the lastest modification Smiley am I right ? I'll just try again...

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »

The last update was the 1st of April. And there I increased the goblin army by 1-4 soldiers per unit. If you started the campaign before that, you would have to restart it or copy-paste armies from Plyr_all.arm to your savegame and edit the earned exp amount.
I hope that army increase should help.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »

fllagellants is the problem I think Smiley one unit less and it would be cool

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »

Who made it without loosing a unit ? I cleared it once but lost bolt thrower :/ thats insane

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

Well I cleared it w/o losing anything on 2nd attempt.

The tactics was:
I concentrated all units in the left-top, and met first 2 enemies with storm of arrows/magic, and flanked them with spiders,
they retreated within 10-15 seconds
meanwhile goblins and orc big'uns kept 2 incoming greatsword units at bay. After the left-top enemy was overthrown, it was just OK to make enemies flee before next ones appeared.
The force was barely enough but still was enough to the end.

Yep flagellants are bitches. When I was a kid and played DO I thought "what a crappy unit - 9/9 and no armor, die like flies."
Until they rocked 5 trolls in a row while GreatSwords and Schepke spam died Smiley

OK I will remove them from Bogenhafen - at least those that come early.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »

Ok I did it Smiley my tactic was to kill cav first and get the left infantry from the back with spiders. Flagellants very focused with arrows and then i made my positions to defend second wave Smiley

Well dont take me so seriously with removing anything Smiley thats hard mission, thats all. I was just angry Smiley

HELMGART. Ok I think I'll just have a break Cheesy THAT'S INSANE. Man i want to see how you play on tournament. I'm scared of you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:17:21 PM by kilowic » Logged

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 03:50:21 PM »

Man Im not sure I will make a good tournament player. Never tried thus far.

Playing own campaign is like playing chess to yourself, it shows nothing. I put enemy forces where I already have a plan how to deal with them, and I deal - but even then 1st attempt isn't always successful.

For other players it takes more attempts before they learn enemy whereabouts, make out a correct deployment and a corrent actions plan.
In Helmgart, like in a few other missions, I couldn't deploy the Artillery as it had 0.0 chance to survive.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

I uploaded the version 'Goblin Adventures' 1.0

It makes up the full campaign till the last battle near the pyramids.
Could an administrator rename the whole topic (basically remove "Part1" from it) and delete all the lyrics about "part 2 will be worked on as soon as possible etc" from the first post?

The latest changes:
-Starting amount of money is 30000. I wonder if it's enough, I didn't pass the campaign but rather 'tested' it mission by mission, adjusting values. Probably I should just have set 50000. After all, the campaign isn't about passing with minimal loss, but just about passing.  Undecided
-Bretonia part: the assumption is that player selects to help Elrod, and then selects to help Knarlroot. I wonder if it is possible to unite tha branches by editing game script, but this is only for future.
-The last 2 battles didn't have drastic changes. I think they are tough and interesting by themselves. If to overload them with changes, it won't do good. Though of course there ARE changes, and a certain thrill as well  Wink
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

-Bretonia part: the assumption is that player selects to help Elrod, and then selects to help Knarlroot. I wonder if it is possible to unite tha branches by editing game script, but this is only for future.
This is a small change I should be able to do with a hex editor. Can you provide me two savegame that are before each of this conversations?

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 08:02:23 PM »

Here you are.
* savegames.zip (32.46 KB - downloaded 435 times.)

Though I doubt I will force myself into script-editing in nearest future :p but probably for future it will be useful.

* savegames.zip (32.46 KB - downloaded 435 times.)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »

Try this one EngRel. Will walk to Loren and Help the Treemen without asking you Smiley.
Dunno if this has any side effects but should not have Wink

I basicly replaced WHMTG_StopSFX (command used before displaying the decision dialog) with WH_GOTO and jump with it into the WH_IF-branch (goto does not check if you do stupid jumps btw Wink). And then I replaced the WH_ELSE (otherwise you get Else-without-if-error) with WH_END to leave the conversation because the branch is the last action in the conversation anyway.

Trivia: Thats the first actual use of WH_GOTO. The real script only uses WH_GOTO once but I would say this part of WHMTG is never referenced (= unused script part).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:53:04 PM by Ghabry » Logged

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 12:15:43 AM »

Fantastic! Another historical moment in Dark Omen modding, wielding the power of WHMTG scripts.

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:33:32 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 10:24:47 AM »

Yes, feel the power.  Smiley  It seems to work, though what I was speaking about is jumping to B4_02, B4_03 branch after helping the treeman. I hope that will also  be doable. In that case, campaign length may be increased by a  few missions, including 2 alternative missions for B5 Smiley
Anyway it is a bit off topic now in the Goblin Adventures thread.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »

What about B4_08? (That's the mission played when you don't help the treemen). Shall this also be merged behind the Treemen mission (B4_06)?
And then jump to Loren lake (B4_02)? (In that case I have to disable one of the units btw because when the cavalry joins you will have 16 units in your roster).

Any other wishes for a different campaign flow?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: