March 28, 2024, 08:49:28 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Goblin Adventures  (Read 106150 times)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »

No they aren't archers. I just used the name for default campaign troops that appear on Bogenhafen and Helmgaart missions.

As for those 5 goblins, they are 'Countess Guard'. I don't deploy them in battles, but I was worried that removing them from the Army altogether might cause bugs so they are there. :p

They are essential but u didn't deployed them?!^^
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:51 AM »

Nah seriously, this is a bad joke.

Goblins are to bad to fight anyone.
Goblin Archers shoot one regiment if their are lucky before they are in combat.
Bolt Thrower shoots 5-10 times until someone attacks it.
7 Big'Uns are not enough for a 1vs1 fight, so they are half useless too.
And the other 3 units can't do anything against 6 human regiments attacking...
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »

I think I should place 2 'Plyr_All.ARM' files in future releases. The current file I should rename to 'tough', and make a 'normal' one with slightly increased troop numbers. Actually, the enemies will remain the same, thus, the exp amount and map difficulties remain the same but more own troops will make things somewhat easier.

I can agree that tough missions can really piss ppl off (the best video I've seen as of late was Ghabry's link to a guy playing SotHR at 3am, and trying Shattered Path
DQ | by Aeva
)
and it's not my intention.

By the way, Goblin Archers were the first unit that stroke Level 3 in my army. This is despite the fact that unlike the rest of the army, they never wore exp-boosting artifacts like Banner of Wrath or magical swords.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:35:06 PM by cuthalion » Logged
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »

I have to concur with Hari8, Bogen is just to OTT.

To make it to the end without losing a regiment requires a ridiculous amount of good luck.

Upto Bogen it plays well though and the mods quite enjoyable.

I've resisted the temptation to look at stats, but heres a few suggestions to not make it any easier, but a little less randomly fustrating:

Could you give gobo's ignore terrain flag, they are quite large regiments and it makes them a bit numb to maneuver.

Increase Ld on gobos to make them a bit more likely to reform.

Black Orcs seem a bit flaky, do they have the immune to fear tag?

I suspect you dont want the Ogre mage in direct combat, but he seems a bit of a weed (embaressment to ogres actually), he could do with another wound/b,s/w,s point.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:18:07 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 05:39:25 AM »

Well, if the rest is OK but Bogenhafen is a pain, it's still better to soften Bogenhafen than to change the party as a whole. Unless there are other missions beyond Bogenhafen that are disbalanced as well.

Yes goblins tend to wave the white flag once they retreat. I wouldn't change their default stats unless I rename them to something, but probably more leadership won't harm a lot.
Black Orcs aren't immune to fear. They are improved Big'Uns or something. There were a couple of missions as I tried them when they tanked up to 3 units but then had to flee and earned only a little, while night goblins stroke from behind and got 50% of overall exp Smiley But the party definitely needs a good tank at start.

I wouldn't mind Ogre in the close combat, but there appeaers a problem once he gets nasty spells, and this happens pretty soon with the exp-gaining speed in the campaign.

Once he has Fists or Da Krunch, he just rushes to the front, endures archery/melee enough long until he alone destroys whole regiments. Add there increased speed (in comparison with ordinary mages) and it will seem a complete overpwoered unit.
Even now he has more wounds and is way stronger and more durable in close combat than ordinary mages are.
My opinion is he's enough to fence in holes in the front if something goes amiss. But this probably requires improved goblins Smiley

On the other hand I can't call myself an expert in DO strategy and balance as I never played online, only the campaign, and it was years ago (if not to count last month), so I reply to your opinion but don't insist on my point Smiley

I started implementing a few ideas for 3rd quarter of the campaign yester eve, today evening I will try to post an updated version of the Adventures that will include adjustments in Plyr_All.ARM (will require a restart of a campaign or  an according edit of the last savegame,I will post notes)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:51:17 AM by cuthalion » Logged
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »

I have to concur with Hari8, Bogen is just to OTT.

To make it to the end without losing a regiment requires a ridiculous amount of good luck.

Yay someone really skilled has the same opinion as I have Smiley
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65675337/Goblin%20Adventures.zip

Updated the campaign.
-Now it contains a few new missions, and intermediate finish is Hand of Nagash. I will work on the last part as time allows.
-Plyr_All.ARM was adjusted at a few points (including a few of Darkmancer's suggestions).
 It either requires campaign restart or use Wh32Edit to copy-paste armies into the latest save file (if you do so, don't forget to restore correct experience amount for troops, and carried artifacts)
-Bogenhafen onslaught is weakened. The amount of enemy units remained the same though, but the quantity is fewer, and the wizard isn't that cruel.
-Goblin Army wasn't increased so far, let's see what other missions will prove.

2Moderators: Could you place this information to the 1st topic post, and remove the old link? Thank you.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »

The link in the header post is incorrect now. I named the file in a different way. The link from my last post is correct.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 12:27:05 AM »

Should be correct now. (update list can be found at the end of the post)

kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

Very enjoyable campaign Smiley thx for your work!

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »

Yep, his work is definitely worthy of promotion to Campaign Creator Status!

On behalf of all the Dark Omen Community we thank you Cuthalion.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »

Thank you, most important thing for me is that people enjoy it.

I've just updated the Campaign (the link in the 1st post is still valid)

I increased Greenskin army amount by 1-4 orcgoblins per unit, I hope it won't be annoying now (main bonus is 2 spiders->3spiders) but I kept file Plyr_Hard.ARM - the army I use myself as I test the missions. Again, this change will affect only new campaigns. Update of a saved game requires work with wh32edit.

Forgot to mention, the campaign had a huge disbalance in money, there were practically no money to recover troops.
At a few missions amount of gold spent on reinforcements reached 7K.
I now set 25k at start, and supply enemy units with occasional treasure chests. Wonder if that will suffice.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »

I just want to say that in "Brigands attack" mission of your campaing enemy artillery was undefeated in melee fight. 3 times in a row i had to retreet and shot them with magic or bows. Whats more afther my retreeting enemy artillery was still "in melee fight" status with red arrow

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 05:44:46 AM »

Thank you for report. The bug is known and I thought I had fixed it throughout the campaign. Will look into B104 once again.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »

Bogenhafen isn't even funny for me Cheesy super hard and need luck not skill

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print