April 19, 2024, 06:34:33 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P )  (Read 21659 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »

Hi,
http://narod.ru/disk/42812913001.853644da063b561d6facd21c56127b54/Elf%20Campaign.zip.html

What was changed:
- Main enemy is still the Undead, and the enemy armies remained the same to the most part, though almost every mission has it's small piece of salt: 1-3 new units, or increased unit amounts, or increased unit levels.
- I used DOE2 sprites, and heads patch.
- Friendly unit types got changed and shuffled, a few new sprites were added. So actually on the most of the missions I had to use other troop types and thus other tactics than in original campaign.

What wasn't changed (Yet):

I haven't investigated yet how to work with enemy units deployment order, and AI behaviour, if there is a way to do it.
Later on I will work on it as well.

How to install:
1. Use Heads patch and doe2, but!! don't overwrite original game files. Actually all I used from Doe is several unit standards. All the sprites that were taken are present in my campaign .zip file.
2. Copy and overwrite files from my campaign, including EngRel.exe
The latter was necessary to change both my and enemy unit names on the battle field (when I press spacebar).

Difficulty:
IMHO the difficulty is higher than in the Original Campaign, but not drastically higher. I passed all the missions using 1-2 attempts, though I collected all possible artifacts. W/o that it would have been harder.

In Bretonia better to turn down Galed's request for help.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »

Very cool, thanks but could you upload it to another site, as I can't read where/how to download sorry.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »

Please try this one

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65675337/Elf%20Campaign.zip

I thought the old one was a direct link.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »

Seems nice, played until Grissburg for this moment Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »

Fantastic, can't wait to play it.

Thanks

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »

I have a question that is probably hard to answer but none the less...maybe someone already encountered a similar problem.
Will try to describe it in brief:

As I was passing my own campaign, the game crashed like 5 times overall in the midst of fights. Crashes were not repeated and I placed them as some incompatibility issue with my Win-7 64.

Now I found that Rise of the Dead mod. A great piece of work indeed, specially as there are not many players who advanced as far as changing enemy starting points and AI.

1 that thing seemed a bit boring to me was that there are units of the same name like 2*Imp Swords, 3*Archers etc so I decided to update  that army list with a few unique units from my own campaign.

After I did so, the game started crashing in the midst of 1st mission, repeatedly, but I didn't see 1 reason why it would do so. First it seemed to me that it crashed as I attacked Goblin Shaman, but not this wasn't the case.

Now I left all the DO files untouched but only reloaded original RotD Plyr_All.arm. Some of the sprites became messy but it is not important. What is important is that I managed to pass the whole first mission w/o crashes. (I boosted my units in strength so that I didn't fail due to mission difficulty).

So why did it crash with My units but didn't with original RotD ones? As I said above, my units weren't seem to be buggy as I used them throughout my own campaign without much troubles.
Maybe one of my units is buggy only in some specific conditions that are met in First Mission of RotD, dunno...

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:09 AM »

Fantastic, can't wait to play it.

Thanks

Smiley

You won't regret it...

...argh, Bogenhafen^^ if i win, DO breakes down - it don't want me to win^^ (Win7 64bit too) [well, I made it in the first try, but then i forgot to save and lost at Helmgart] {Tip: place your range regiments on the right place to shoot the zombies before they even spawned Cheesy}.

However, after a funny battle with two dwarfs/ogres with little cannons in their hands, I will go on in the empire tomorrow Smiley
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »

Hm, seems like I can't play Goblin Camp without DO breaking down Sad
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »

Hm, it's something strange.

I mean, I passed the whole company with only a few times when it crashed, and never crashed repeatedly.

There is only one unit that I added After I played it - Militia. I am wondering if this unit causes any bugs. Could you use Army Editor to substitute it with an ordinary unit of dwarven warriors, amount of 14? I had them there before.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

well, honestly - not really^^   Undecided
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »

Could you send me your latest savegame? I will try it myself and see what I can do.
Also, could you describe when it breaks? or does it happen at random actions/timestamps?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »

I'm currently battling my way towards that level and really enjoying the Campaign.

Thanks

Smiley

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »

I tried skipping Goblin Camp, but DO breakes down on the Road aswell. However, how did you destroyed the catapult?! It shoots my whole army^^
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »

Wish I put Orc Lobber there instead Smiley
I occupied the left-bottom corner of the map, beyond the catapult reach.
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »

Olly,
 I found a strange bug, a fight seems to halt when the dwarven musketeers flee from hand-to-hand combat. When they flee from under missile attacks, sometimes it goes OK. Im not sure yet.

Is it possible that their sprite file is buggy or I placed it in a wrong position? I overwrited Grudgebringer Xbows sprite file.
Also, it is possible that the portrait stuff is buggy. I used a portrait of the Bretonia King for them, from the Head patch...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:14:46 PM by cuthalion » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: