April 25, 2024, 04:14:36 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Campaign  (Read 31341 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »

Take the offensive and sieze the battlefields with the support of the steam tank not the imobile cannon

* crissburg3.JPG (63.95 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1036 times.)

* crissburg4.JPG (63.43 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1048 times.)

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »

Fight new enemies

Here a dark dwarven camp

get the thrill of going into the unknown

* camp1.JPG (93.88 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1050 times.)

* camp2.JPG (92.31 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1060 times.)

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:13 AM »

nice nice, but waht about new maps and units? i like idea of 3-4 trolls pretty much (cause 1 obv very weak).

it would be so great to see new sprites and/or new maps (now is possible to change maps afaik). and is it right, that we cant change computer AI now? i mean is it fully scripted and we may only change armies?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 03:16:16 PM »

There is no map editor available and the script language is also still unknown. If you want you can check the CTL-Files (that are the scripts)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »

Im afraid that i cant edit maps and spirits very easily it also means overwriting. So i made the decision early on that i would not make edits but rather find ways to spice up the game by inventing units from what is already available. I also would not want to jeopardize the stability of the game.

I have however been able to alter undead maps unlike in the goblin campaign and that has given me much more freedom to invent new enemies and a more connected storyline

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »

Im afraid that i cant edit maps and spirits very easily it also means overwriting.

We can't make new terrain (since the heightmap format is hugely overcomplicated, in fact actually a mathematical supermap of several heightmaps) and we haven't decoded the script language (it is in the CTL files, the latest CLI editor can view it and play with it if you want to contribute *hint hint*).

Thus, unfortunately Flak is correct. What we CAN do is to move stuff (trees and other props) on an existing map as well as add similar props, but that may ***** up the AI since we can't change the scripts. Even so, that we can edit as much as we can we consider a huge success!

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 09:35:15 PM »

Not that these things arent a big leap forward in understanding the DO code
then its too unstable as to how it would really work and affect the game so for now, these simple edits to the campaign is kinda the limit.

Make no mistake my dream is to one day have the entire campaign with movies, sound and maps re-made then its not possible yet

battousai
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »

Looks really interesting Flak, I dont want to bother you, but out of curiousity, when will your dwarf campaign be ready?
WarpGhost
Ghoul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 05:35:09 PM »

Gnomes and half-orcs? Sorry, thats WoW not Warhammer...

Death is its own reward, but so is chocolate
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 05:49:58 PM »

Gnomes and half-orcs? Sorry, thats WoW not Warhammer...

The might be true, however my personal opinion is that any well-made mod will be fun to play. Remember that the most popular Myth mod was that WWII one.

WarpGhost
Ghoul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »

Dont know what game you mean, but it presumably turned the game into something else. Plus GW are very much down on people that make mods/campaigns that mix in non-Warhammer stuff in.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »

its not in the warhammer world no, it is unofficial and just something i do for fun to spice up the original that many of us have played so so much that a new challenge is fun.

WarpGhost
Ghoul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »

Oh so its not actually warhammer? Well thats OK then, I thought it was set as warhammer Smiley

Though its probably worth telling people anyway that GW do actually come down on people who make warhammer games but do 'non-franchise' stuff to them; they're fine with total conversions and small mods, but mixing stuff doesnt go down well.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »

no no the only thing this world has in common with warhammer is orcs and goblins, its a world that i made over 10 years ago, i was inspired by the setting of orcs and goblins and how they are portrait in warhammer but else than that i guess im more inspired by AD&D and their portraial of elves, dwarves, gnomes and drow.

i belive orcs and goblins are spawned in some magical way in WH, there are no female orcs in WH
i prefered to make them a race just as any other, they are a somewhat backwater race, humans, dwarves and elves are in the middle ages, 9th-10th century compared to our world, the orcs are still in the bronze age or even stone age. They live in tribes, they live of hunting, gathering and in some cases herding boars, cows and sheep. They occationally raid the human lands, most often if they face famine or in the hunt for treasure. I based the orcs on the vikings and the huns.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »

Epic Story,

The previous Goblin one was so refreshing to play,

I can't wait to Battle my way through this new Dwarf one!

Thanks

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: