March 29, 2024, 11:39:29 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Campaign  (Read 31151 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »

Go on adventures with the Slayer Lord Knud and his small army trying to defend the dwarven kingdom from invasion.
The story is set in a world called Tellus. The Dwarf kingdom Gohnhamm lies to the north in the west part of the Continent with the orcish stepps to the west and the undead in the glaciers to the north.
The general plot is that the orcish tribes have been united for the first time and now threaten all the peoples and races on the continent.
Knud use to be an adventurer with a human Knight and have traveled extensively in orc lands, undead lands and dark elf lands and fought almost all beats that exists on Tellus. Now hoping to retire he is called back into arms because the kings in Gohnhamm and its southern neighbor Khar refuse to believe that the orcs pose a threat. Aged nearly 110 old for most dwarfs he still creates a militia to try to defend the border region and continue to warn the king of the orcish danger.
We enter the story after 5 years of patrols and battles with increasing orcish activity.

I shall have a test scenario ready soon. Hope it sounds appealing
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:13:24 PM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »

It does sound interesting indeed! We should have a section on the web page with stories and screen shots for your mods. *Nudges Bem and Ghabs*

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 05:35:58 PM »

It does sound interesting indeed! We should have a section on the web page with stories and screen shots for your mods. *Nudges Bem and Ghabs*

oh i agree *nudge*

i can promise that when orcs have Hatred for dwarfs and dwarfs have hatred for orcs then you will see some savage fighting

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »

Just a little question... if this campaign is based on a dwarves vs orcs story, giving hatred to both armies won't be the same thing that don't giving hatred to these armies? I mean, in strategic terms ( of course, hatred will speed up the fights).
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »

Just a little question... if this campaign is based on a dwarves vs orcs story, giving hatred to both armies won't be the same thing that don't giving hatred to these armies? I mean, in strategic terms ( of course, hatred will speed up the fights).

It makes them more bloody as it should be when these 2 races fight but yes it means that both should have an equal advantage in terms of tactics but it also means that when you later on get none-dwarf units then the dwarfs will remain the main force in the army because they are more reliable

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

YEEaah! Dwarfs armies! waiting for them  Cool!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »

how lucky you are here then ive made a little teaser

extract into Dark Omen/Gamedata

* Dwarf tester.rar (2.2 KB - downloaded 431 times.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:19:12 PM by Flak » Logged

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »

Cheesy Works great!! i reach the town of the dead, but don't play it yet. Now now, dwarfs vs dwarfs? great idea! but i can't wait to read the background story of this Slayer's  Wink

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:48 AM »

i will edit all the rest of the missions and im also creating a story to go with it

ive edited as far as axebite 1 so far

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »

lol just made the Hand of Nagash map and i was left with the steam tank alive and 5 enemies who didnt want to allow me to shoot them

so maybe the difficulty is too severe hehe

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »

The map editing is now completed, i need to go thru a few things still to see that ive not overlooked anything and finish the story but its a matter of a few days and its done Grin

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »

We really need to make some good blog entries, and front page and wiki articles with representative screenshots about your campaigns! Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »

Thats a great idea,

in fact  i think im gonna take a few screenshot right now as a teaser for the world wide release next week of the dwarf campaign Grin

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »

Post them here and we'll use them in the blog and front page. Also provideand particular information or quotes you may want included! Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 10:17:24 PM »

I intent to make a whole new thread with all the info & story, also maps and unit descriptions and screenshots

the goblin campaign was just for fun, this is somewhat more a serious for me Wink

* crissburg1.JPG (66.21 KB, 640x480 - viewed 996 times.)

* crissburg2.JPG (65.45 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1024 times.)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: