March 28, 2024, 09:28:27 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chaos Dwarf Invasion  (Read 89637 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:58 AM »

2Ghabry

Well, to my mind sneaky gits are a bit useless. At least for me, even though I tried to use them whenever possible, they always die too fast. But if the situation allows, you should never let them tank. When they charge enemy from behind, noone hits them and they have high initiative and many attacks so they may kill foes quickly. Also, when they are lvl2, enchanted shield + a magic sword help them to survive better.
But they are hobgoblins and dont have any armor at all, so its really hard to use them properly - at least not in missions when time is a great factor and you barely manage build proper front lines...

Gave them the banner of Wrath and used them until they gained lvl 3, then they became much prettier.
But enemies grow in lvls too, and other my units need Banner of Wrath as well in order to attain level 4 before the last missions Smiley
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »

2Kilowic
I've low experience vs mortars as I dont play multiplayer, but in single player I noticed 1 important thing.

The mortar makes first shoot before you are actually in range. So if you bluntly order to attack the mortar from afar, your unit moves directly to mortar, first shoot, then your unit moves in range just as the projectilve arrives square in the middle of it.

Cautious tactics is: move slowly step by step until mortar makes first shoot. Then suddenly stop, wait till it's over then run to them. Or just move in traverse - to a place left or right from the mortar untill you are close enough for direct charge.
This would work better in Multiplayer, since most players shoot the ground in front of regiment... so when they are on the move forward (even with false charge) the shot blasts regiment.

From the 2 options, I'd recommend to stop and then re-order to move forward.
You can use other regiments meanwhile, better than having to micro moving aside.
haimerej
2. Place Tournament

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 04:25:19 AM »

I love this mod so far. It's challenging!!
 sometimes it takes me about 10 tries to get the round perfect!
I was wondering, in sylvania, when i win with the vampire still alive will he be on my team?
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 09:55:20 PM »

I'm not sure but i think its only "one battle ally" Smiley it's not in your army roster. I'm really impressed about your ambition to finish this mission with vampire alive Cheesy I also found that campaign very challenging Smiley

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2013, 03:08:00 AM »

Hey guys,
A year since I was active. I am wondering if anyone finished my campaign ever since or used my drawn sprites in any way? Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

Amazing Campaign and still a real challenge. Welcome back and good timing as I'm creating a Modders guide for more alternate campaigns (all our mod tools combined) and have been using your fine work as a template, since you advanced CTL (AI scripts etc.) stuff loads. Again, great campaign and sprites (the guide will show database of available new sprites from you and DOE and newer ones from Call of Warhammer Mod and Civ3 converted ones, including new Maps, Audio, Campaign flow (DOTS and WHMTG script)), all enhanced by the fantastic Mod Installer.

3 Cheers for Cuthalion and Chaos Dwarfs!

Smiley

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:22:04 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »

Thank you man :-)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »

Nice campaign

The Helmgart attack is insane, i guess ambush is more suited than attack to describe it

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »

Yeah. To my mind, Helmgart attack is one of the toughest missions in the campaign. My goal was to make campaign challengins but not 'misson impossible' style. Still, there a few missions left, that are a real challenge. These are where I made several attempts before success (success = no full unit loss) even though I knew all underwater stones:

1. Mission vs ogres in the Forest - the one that goes if you turn down Treeman's request (ogre shaman is a bitch, so are leadbelchers, I even had to reduce their level from 3 to 2)

2. Helmgart attack. Lack of units under your control to calk all the holes. And it is important to keep temporary dwarf unit (11 chaos dwarves) alive till this mission.

3. Sylvania, the vampire mission. Right tactics are needed in order to evade all mortar fire.

4. Snow mission before Kislev, again, enemy artillery and archers are hard to counter.

5. Axebite pass before Emporia/Loren forest. Enemy cavalry is tough, and magic-protection units need to be in right place i n the end.

6. Bogenhafen defence. Just quite a lot of enemy infantry, and flagellants are a tough challenge.

Other missions have their surprizes, but after 2-3 fails while getting acquainted, only bad luck will prevent success.
Gold Bearer
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »

Hey guys,
A year since I was active. I am wondering if anyone finished my campaign ever since or used my drawn sprites in any way? Smiley
Oh yes. Wink I'm using the wolf riders and wyvern if that's cool. I was playing your campaign along with the other ones and just loaded up whatever I felt like playing, but my hard drive crashed and I lost them. I got as far as Axebite Pass in your one and after a few atempts I temporaraly gave up and moved on to other campaigns, then lost it all. Nice work btw. Smiley
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »

Found a crash bug in one of the missions.
Here is an updated campaign version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jzvh3sa6rnabok/Chaos%20Dwarves.zip?dl=0

I will upload new mod pack as soon as I finish adjusting wood elves and dwarves..
Lindar
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2021, 03:34:19 PM »

hey there!

1st of all I love this mod! It is though but with the right tactic and some luck I've managed to play my way to Loren, but now everytime I want to load the mission the game just shuts down. No crash. No freeze. Just Dark omen shutting down in an eyeblink after loading the map. I don't know the exacts names, but it is after you visited king Leon Kerr or something and getting the Chaos Dwarf overlord. In the normal game it would be after you get the melee elf regiment. Anyone knows what is up?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2021, 04:30:52 PM »

I will double check but it's probably due to the Wyvern not being compatible with 3d mode, as the sprite frames are touching each other. I've been fixing it last weekend when it was reported to me, so will upload a new version today.  

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 05:10:20 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Lindar
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2021, 04:42:34 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply! Thank you (and all other creators) for putting the effort in! Will you post it somewhere hen you upload the fix?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2021, 05:04:07 PM »

Please download and test this fixed wyvern sprite and I will also upload it into an updated mod pack in the help fix guide later today.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\Mods\04) Chaos Dwarves\Graphics\Sprites

* st_zznewgreen6.spr (630.78 KB - downloaded 202 times.)

* st_zznewgreen6.spr (630.78 KB - downloaded 202 times.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 05:10:49 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: