March 29, 2024, 01:29:23 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chaos Dwarf Invasion  (Read 89650 times)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »

Haha^^

Well, I can't imagine they have a chance when Wolves and Dragon fail...
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »

It's very cool campaign. Now I'm fighting in Sylvania Smiley except attacking helmgart and defending bogenhafen it's very very nice and balanced Smiley Infernal Golem is my fav unit so far. I saw that there are some new "patches" but i didnt installed them

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »

There are a few bug fixes.
It's not necessary to restart the campagin, the only thing you will miss is GoreBulls. But you had better download and overwrite old files with the new ones.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »

Ok I overwrited the files. Sylvania is insane too Smiley I know how to pass it but it's very had

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »

Oh yes... Cheesy

Well, Bogenhafen is the same as it was in the last campaign, so I wasn't that shocked... ^^
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

I played Sylvania couple of times and my infernal golem had fire beam spell.
Now when I try to play from the same savegame and he has no spells :/
Is it a bug or just a feature ?
And also question numer two.
My units are called for example "unused PEASANT". Why is that ?

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:58 PM »

2) You run unedited .exe file. Should run my modified Chaos Dwarves.exe or rename it to EngRel.exe and run it.
    This means you missed 1 mission already - defending Helmgart from undead after you took it from Empire.

1) give the mission a test start and just wait a few. Does the golem have the spell after that pause?
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

Sometimes golem start mission without spell and then in the middle of the battle suddenly he has the spell.

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »

I tried to emulate randomization with existing CTL means but it looks clumsy.
The thing is, the spell appears in like 10 seconds if you dont give orders to the golem (or to the sorcerer). If you order them right on start, the spell won't appear until there is a pause - the unit doesnt fight and doesnt receive orders.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »

In Chapter 2 (Silvania) all missions until Blighted Towers were easy.

But I have such a hate on the blighted towers mission.
I deploy all units at the bottom left so they can only be attacked by the bottom cannon.

Then I developed a tactic to kill the bottom cannon in a quick way:
I move my cannon in shooting range to the enemy cannon together with Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits+Grudgebringer Sword. The Swords fireball and Cannon shots kill the cannon in around 3 magic rounds. In the meanwhile I kill the one spawning helebardier regiment with my Goblin Wolf Riders.
After this I move a bit backwards with my units protecting the cannon so it cant be charged be the Brionne Champions. But its not really possible to block these guys with only 2 units because they are just sooooo inbalanced. They kill 10-12 (instakill) Sneaky Gits and all of my Goblin Wolf Riders in around two magic round and still have 5/10 left. Sad

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »

Hm, you have Wrath, Infernal Golem and Sorcerer, pistoliers - not enough?!^^

Sneaky Gnits are low goblins...^^ same for wolves, but at least they are fast Smiley
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »

Yes but my units are half dead before these units are arriving ^^.

kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 07:48:02 PM »

I did it that way
1.I deployed units on bottom left but not too far away, in place where nothing can shot them (there is such place trust me, it's by the left end of the trees).
2.Then cannon and pistolieers killed halberds
3.Bretons were "tanked" by infernal golem spamming fireballs but first they got some nice hits with cannon and pistoliers.
4.Ptolos shield was captured becouse i let the helberds to fight and charge from behind.
5.I walked with my golem to "launch" next wave of cav and destroy it in the same place where i deployed the units and then rushed on remaining bowman and cannons.
There is a nice possibility to kill the bottom canon and some archers with infernal golem and his spells by coming near that cliff - they can't hit him so easy if you move smart Smiley

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »

Hell... that's what i hate the most. I almost finished sylvania - only one mortal left. I send wolves to attack (5 units).
Mortal shots perfectly in the middle of this small and fast unit and kills them all - restart ...

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »

2Kilowic
I've low experience vs mortars as I dont play multiplayer, but in single player I noticed 1 important thing.

The mortar makes first shoot before you are actually in range. So if you bluntly order to attack the mortar from afar, your unit moves directly to mortar, first shoot, then your unit moves in range just as the projectilve arrives square in the middle of it.

Cautious tactics is: move slowly step by step until mortar makes first shoot. Then suddenly stop, wait till it's over then run to them. Or just move in traverse - to a place left or right from the mortar untill you are close enough for direct charge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: