April 18, 2024, 11:21:43 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chaos Dwarf Invasion  (Read 89792 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »

Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

"Chaos Dwarf Invasion"
A new campaign with variety of modded game aspects.

Release notes:[/b]
2012/May/11   First Release.
2012/May/14  Army file fix: Deactivated a few units that had flag 'active' and were displayed in the Roster from first    campaign mission.
2012/05/16 Several units in player army are increased in strength.
2012/05/22
Added GoreBulls sprite imported from Call of Warhammer 3d models, removed Hobgoblins, updated Mod Selector with Ghabry's recent fixes.
2012/05/24 Bugfix in mission B2_02: Wrong enemy unit sprite is substituted with a correct one.

Modified stuff:

-Campaign includes all possible missions: It is now 5 missions longer (all branches are united in 1 global branch), including completely new battle map made by Olly, filled with enemy units and unit scripts, with modded music.
Tools: Hex Editor to edit EngRel.exe and Ghabry's instructions (no special WHMTG editor as of yet).

-New enemy troops structure, enemy starting positions and behaviour during missions. New enemy sprites.
Tools: WH32Edit, BTB-XML converter, CTL-TXT converter, DarkOmen Sprite Viewer, GIMP.

-Your army: new troops, new troop sprites, magic abilities assigned to troops in a new way, new unit join-leave order.
Overall 14 useful units at your disposal.
Tools: Wh32Edit, GIMP, DO Sprite Viewer, Hex Editor (troop names on the battle field), CTL-TXT converter (spells for troops)

-You will face all races of original Dark Omen. Fights vs wood elves, Empire, greenskins, undeads, Ogres or combinations of races like elves+dwarves+empire, greenskins+Trolls+Ogres etc.

-All artifacts dropping off objects during battles are removed. As the main enemy isn't undead, artifacts like Horn of Urgok would disbalance the game. All necessary artifacts are on the enemy regiments and can be looted.
Tool: CLI Editor

Notes:

-Important Note: The package goes together with untested tool Mod Selector by Ghabry. If you find weird behaviour, please report it, but if you are sure it is because of Mod Selector, you may copy all the campaign files from ./mods subdirectory and replace default game files with campaign modded files (don't forget to back up default files)

-Game difficulty is increased in comparison with original DO campaign. However it should be somewhat easier than 'Goblin Adventures' as the army seems stronger: Cavalry (whatever its strength, but the speed is good :p ) from the very first missions is very helpful, stronger ranged attackers and good tank units.

-Certain stuff wasn't changed so don't expect it to be an entirely new campaign. Original intermission dialogues and portraits remain.

-Missions are based on 'Goblin Adventures' to the most part. However, there are 5 new missions, and I tried to put something new on every old mission anyway.

-A few sprites are 'in a wrong place'. For example, goblin wolf riders, hobgoblin archers have looks of night goblins as there are no original goblin sprites.

-As I tested later missinos, I had to modify a few things that might affect earlier ones. I tried to be careful, yet if there are any weird stuff, feel free to report.

-Battle on the new beta map is rather a demonstration of what can be modified in original DO battles. It's loaded with difficult terrain elements and computer-controlled units sometimes act stupid there. I tried to use btb and ctl scripts to avoid stupidity. I hope it will be enjoyable.

-There are 14 useful units at your control, so on later missions it's not disastrous to lose a unit or 2, but try to avoid losing whole regiments before you have 10-11 of them at your control as some intermediate missions may become too hard.

-A general advice:
If missions allow, try to have the more units advanced to 4 (or 3) level the possible. When I tested the campaign,
I had 6 units of level4, 5 units of level3 and 2 units of level2 before the last mission. (1 unit was lost)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:00:11 PM by olly » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »

Wow this is great, just downloaded and installed - works fine, can't wait to adventure through it!

On behalf of the whole Dark Omen community we Thank and Praise you!

ps. Thanks again Ghabry for Mod installer - its a thing of beauty!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »

It's cool Smiley i enjoy it but again I'm also very angry in brigands attack mission Cheesy mortals shooting every 4 seconds with great accouracy and range are very hard to kill. This misson again requires more luck than plan. Anyway its cool and army is much better than in goblin adventures Smiley thank you.

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »

Ehhh Brigands Attack is too hard for me... Extra difficulty isn't extra fun Sad

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

Well, you can quickly move out of range of 1 mortar and quickly kill the other. So it is only a matter of surviving like 2 shots in the beginning and then not let the first one shoot you in the end. You can even use own Rocket. Unlike with goblin ballista, rocket can be moved out of range,so its easier than in Gob Adv.
But again, didn't test balance well. Probably it should be easier than now. I will have a look...
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »

Well i just passed it Smiley let's see what's next ...

My GameRanger info:
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »

I have final exams atm, so you will have to wait 2 weeks for my Feedback Smiley
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »

Found a minor bug.
While editing own units in later campaign missions, I accidentally set a few units in Plyr_all.arm status 'Active'. Of course, I missed that fact because I had a full set of own regiments by then.

Now they are displayed in the troop roster, even though they aren't (or shouldn't be) deployed in battles.

The main game link is fixed. Also, here is a fixed file plyr_all.arm
* PLYR_ALL.ARM (4.59 KB - downloaded 625 times.)

Could a moderator edit first post, under 'release notes' insert the following:

2012/May/14  Army file fix: Deactivated a few units that had flag 'active' and were displayed in the Roster from first    campaign mission.

* PLYR_ALL.ARM (4.59 KB - downloaded 625 times.)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »

Having read Kilowic's opinion, I played several missions from my campaign. I agree that as missions become longer and enemies become more, chance that something bad happens during 1 battle is increased. Even though overall it may flow smoothly, 1 bad thing and you have to restart it.

I increased own army power in the following way:

Sorcerer Lord  === higher WeaponSkill, Strength (+1 both)
Blunderbussers === remained the same
Goblin Wolfriders === lost 'cowardly' flag, even though I am not sure this flag matters a lot.
Death Rocket === increased shooting rate, +1wound for the unit leader (dwarf pushing the weapon)
Hobgoblin Archers === increased quantity. Now full regiment shoots 2X7=14 arrows.
Swarm of Scorpions === higher initiative, higher leadership.(+1)
Chaos Dwarves (temporary unit) === increased quantity (+2).
Obsidian Guard === increased quantity (+1).
Infenral Golem === higher stremgth
Sneaky Gits ===  higher initiative
Master Slavers === remained the same
Bull Centaurs === remained the same
Earthshaker === remained the same
Chaos Dwarf Overlord === remained the same
Chaos Dwarves === remained the same

Updated Army File:
* PLYR_ALL.ARM (4.59 KB - downloaded 641 times.)

The game link is updated as well.

Release notes:
2012/05/16 Several units in player army are increased in strength.

* PLYR_ALL.ARM (4.59 KB - downloaded 641 times.)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »

I decided to introduce 1 more thing into the campaign that hasn't been there before. A unit with a sprite imported from Call of Warhammer 3d model.

* GoreBull.jpg (3 KB. 98x112 - viewed 2860 times.)

GoreBulls

For it I had to remove Hobgoblins (they appeared as enemies on 2 missions only) as I wanted sprite format 335 for the new unit.

Also, this version includes the latest version of Ghabry's Mod Selector.

The link in the first topic message is up to date now.

Release Notes
2012/05/22
Added GoreBulls sprite imported from Call of Warhammer 3d models, removed Hobgoblins, updated Mod Selector with Ghabry's recent fixes.

P.S. If anyone is playing the campaign right now and would like their savegames modified accordingly to these changes, just send them to me in a personal message or in any other suitable way, I will modify the save files.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »

Nice looking sprite - well done!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »

A bugfix in mission B2_02 (first flagellants mission): An enemy unit had wrong sprites and wrong name on the battle map. The stats were correct however.

Download link is updated.
Here's 1 small file that was fixed, should be placed in ./mods/chaos dwarves/gamedata/1pbat/b2_02/
* B202NME.ARM (2.02 KB - downloaded 598 times.)

Release Notes:
2012/05/24 Bugfix in mission B2_02: Wrong enemy unit sprite is substituted with a correct one.

* B202NME.ARM (2.02 KB - downloaded 598 times.)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »

***** xD

I conquered Helmgart after the 42th try and then i skipped the talk waiting for Azguz but then I had to defend Helmgart  Cry Cry Cry

Btw, still thinking Helmgart (Part 1) sucks... when i made it i had the cannon, 2 pistoliers and the "wizard" left...
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:53:44 AM »

You mean you didn't save your game right after?
Always save right after missions. It is especially important after the Pyramid mission as the bonus Olly map starts right after.

Well, Helmgart Part1 depends on luck, but the sorcerer's spell set helps there now. And I would say this is one of the most difficult missions. Majority is easier.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »

Exactly.

Yeah, next time...  Lips Sealed

Yep, but that Undead Gaze in the 2nd mission is cool, too Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: