April 19, 2024, 12:02:00 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign with more AI Units  (Read 13795 times)
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »

There are so many errors, it whould taked days to count them  Grin

Thats the first map where you have to protect the steamtank. B2_04, with the AI-script from the blighted towers. that means more waves + waypoints, (friendly units=changed enemy to good) and artillery.
It was just a test if its possible to mix all the battlefiles. I used all grafics from ballte B2_04, the CTL  B2_05, changed the BTB from B2_05 a lot. Because you need new boarders, new obstacle borders or the units walk through, set triggers new and so on.

E.g. you remember the stupidity of the enemy at the first map? "Give" him more power with a better AI-script!  Grin

I have a question:
Which programs do i need (freeware if possible) to write a tool which is able to copy a block of the hexecode(e.g. borders from obstackles, saved in a database) and paste it into the new file? or shotly, i want to write a tool to create new BTB files without stupid copy paste nearly every byte  Tongue
create graphic interface like WH32edit?

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »

Using the BTBParser class you should principally easily be able to write such a tool. You will need to know C++ though. Ghabry writes the front-end for wh32edit in a GUI framework called wxWidgets, but if you don't need a GUI it would save you some time. Ask me when you see me in the channel, or ask Ghabry, he should have the BTB parser classes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: