March 29, 2024, 10:30:11 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition  (Read 18145 times)
titan
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 05:03:01 PM »

Hey,

I just registered to say I loved this campaign, really enjoyed the additional challenge.

I made it to the final mission but because i let the hand and the jewel go the final mission was a bit too difficult for me! Maybe with 100 attempts I could do it aha.

I had some questions about the mod:

1) do you have a list of which magic items are available? I reached the end with not too many and none for the bright wizard.
2) Do you have to skip blighted towers (and the mortar) to arrive on time to collect the jewel? I skipped the flagellants mission but was still too late. I also did the border princes quests to get the bright wizzard + carlsons cav. Does skipping the opening fight at the trading post also factor in?

Cheers for the mod - it rocks
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2022, 11:24:42 AM »

Hi and welcome, I'm sure Malus will love and appreciate your kind comments, as do all the modders. I will have to investigate on the weekend to confirm the answers to your questions, as been awhile since I last played it through.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2022, 04:32:05 PM »

Welcome and thanks for the feedback!

1)
Magic items are spread out in a way you can't get them all at once, it depends on your path to victory.
For balance reasons the Banner of Wrath and the Horn of Urgoth are removed but the others are carried by individuals.
I didn't count the number of magic items but you can get plenty over time.

2)
Every mission you do counts as time spend to "get something done" before your "actual mission".
From my view of the game this was intented at some point but cut for reasons.
The result was a very linear campaign where you, except for Bretonnia, can get everything.
Thats no longer the case and you need to pick a path.
As you spend time the story doesn't wait for you anymore.

My advice for you is to not do the full campaign at once.
Instead do each chapter a few times differently to see which items and units you can get.
When you build you army chapter by chapter things start to look differently.
Also listen to the dialogues, they give advice here and there if you are running late again Smiley

Im glad you enjoy the challenge!

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: