March 29, 2024, 11:02:33 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament this Saturday (21/08/2010)  (Read 7314 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:35 PM »

Okay Ill Omens and BP has gone though multiple fixes and balances and is just about ready.

So as a finishing point I'm having a tournament this Saturday 5pm GMT.

BP is greatly changed over the past few weeks so heres the guide to the latest version.

I'll Omens
I recommend you run Ill omens and push the modify Dark Omen Button before you begin.  I'll Omens will automatically detect where DO is installed.  Change directory if theres a problem. It makes army editing easier as it eliminats a bug when selling units.

You'll need to begin your army names with bp (Bp, BP also accepted).  When you've created your armies you need to press the add spells button in Ill Omens.

Troll Armour gives magic resistance - not magic imunity, around a 50% dispel rate.

Becareful casting spells the caster is immune to spell effects - his fellow soldiers arn't.

The sides:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:59:12 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »

Empire:

Standard 10 Unit side.  Steady well trained units. All calvalry gets 2 attacks (horse & rider)

You should be able to buy 2 high end units, 2 mid range and 6 low.  Or 1 High end, 3/4 mid range and  upgades for rest.

Cannon, Longbow, muskets, give great longrange firepower but dont skimp on the legionaires.

Knights are excellent units, pick the ones that suit your style best.

Musketieers (Infantry with pistols) slower rate of fire than longbowmen
Longbow men (have the long range elven bow)
Dual Cannons
Legionaires (excellent infantry, good weapon skill, 2 attacks, wright blade, only let down by weak strength making them struggle against high-end units)
Elven Archers - (Normal Bow, v.accurate, excellent w/s, bit less tough than other toops, +1 move)
Elven Mage+Guard (cold winds spell,  spell eater shield,Runefang)

Lvl 2 melee units gain +1 w/s and +1 ldr
Lv2 Balistic units gain +1 w/s and +1 accuracy (no increase in ROF though)

Dragoons (decent calvary, pistols with slow ROF)
Burnhardt good cavalry + Grudgebringer)

Black knights (very tough strong, come with hellfire sword & POS, slightly higher w/s than grail, troll armour)
Grail knights (Not as strong as black knights but come with rune fang, wind shield spell, troll armour, unbreakable, and are alot tougher, they have l7 toughness so are imune to str 3 attacks and bellow, that includes arrows).
Lighting Tank, (tank with Lightning sword and Banner of wrath, explodes when destroyed, doesnt run over units)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:13:42 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »

Greenskin

15 Unit auto deploy, send the enemy side into chaos then rip to pieces.

Grind the enemy down, Think carefully about fanatics.

Gobos come with mork save us, and a ranged weapon
Orcs sligly better combat stats, 2 wounds, and ere we go
Fanatics available for both Gobbos and Orcs, both are movement 5)

Goblin Archers
Goblin xBow
Goblin Archers + Shamen (stomp + wand of jet)

Orcs

Big Uns (get wand of jet + fists of Gork, immune to fear, strong, 2 attacks)

Scorpian (no magic but very quick strong and tough, immune to pistols, xbow, arrows, it's basically a tank, theres not much that can hurt this nevermind kill it Smiley )
Spider (not fantastic close combat but certainly not bad, very quick, ice shards and blizzard spell + wand of jet)

Troll & lobber (decent rate of fire poor accuracy, you still have troll when the catapult dies, heart of woe, no troll armour)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:15:40 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:22:55 PM »

Undead

Stand 10 Unit side.
Raise the dead now raises 3 Golums (High strength low toughness, plenty of wounds, unbreakable)

Pin and block with zombies/mummies, look after your mid range units.  If the enemy camps raise a load of golums Smiley , rerember you can raise a regiment of golums for every zombie/mummy/wight you take.

Flank with your chariots dont waste them on head on charges.

Zombies (low cost, absorb loads of damage, can raise golums)
Mummies (basically better zombies, can raise golums)
Souless (Accurate, but slow rate of fire, rubbish in melee, wraith)
Chariots (fast + terror, hits cause panic, very brittle easy to kill, use as flanker only)
Wights (use as assassins, only 5 units, but v.strong, 2 attacks + wright blade + runefang, can raise golums, wand of jet, low toughness)
Mandrake GOH( looks like hellfire god untill killed or engaged in melee, spell eater shield, WOJ, hawks spell, medicore combat)
Mandrake VD( looks like Void Demon untill killed or engaged in melee, spell eater shield, WOJ, hawks spell, medicore combat)
Void Demon (Wraith, Good Combat Stats, Soul Drain, Teleport, WOJ, Troll Armour, Terror, Panic Test, Dont let near enemy magic swords)
God of Hellfire (WOJ, Meteor, Screaming Skull, OMG combat stat, Immune to arrows)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:09:04 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:35:54 AM »

goblins could be too weak and least side worked on (boring). i realzie they have 15 units, yes.

overall cant say much, cause can't see real stats or heads in regiment at least, so i hope we could try it at this torueny.  where to dowlonad it?

questions:
1) modified mappack included with autodeploy to fit GS i guess?
2) will your mod utility have an option to restore backup/original files of DO?
3) what is that:
Panic Test,
Dont let near enemy magic swords
4) runefang, on wights? why the hell? Cheesy
5) Elven Mage+Guard (cold winds spell)
 - what is this spell about?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

1) Standard map patch works fine though i've not tested the really small levels which we dont use in tournament anyway.

2) Not for the tournament, it will later.

3) panic test - enemy units take fear test when wounded - comes from screaming skull catapult, Don't let near magic sword - just general advice the void demon doesnt take wounds in the normal fasion it recieves them for losing melee combat - unless the enemy has a magic sword then its in serious trouble.

4) Runefang - It cuts though armour, wights are designed to kill stuff and by stuff i mean anything and everything, unfortunatly they are quite easy to kill them selves and only 5 units.  Use them right they kick ass use them wrong and they will just be killed easily, like the entire undead range really.

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »

Things to learn...

Arrow Immune (* = wraith) (+ = bullet & bolt immune)
Grail knights
Souless*
God of Hellfire
Mandrake*
Void Demon*
Scorpian

Magic Resistance (Troll Armor)
God of Hellfire
Wight
Black knights
Goblin Shamen

Magic immunity (not 100%)
Elven mage - Spell eater
Mandrake - Spell Eater
Grail Knights - Banner of Arcane Warding

Some creaures will simply be to tough for your units to hurt - get the charge - and hammer boost strength button.

Fear immune
Big Uns
Black knights

Unbreakable
Scorpian
Grail Knights
lightning tank

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »

oh man oh man seems like i cant participate at this time. can we perhars test it with you either little earlier or later (+-2 hrs)?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »

Sure, i'll be on most the afternoon i've included a few surpises for people to enjoy.

I'll only have place holder art for a couple of new units I thought up yesterday, but there's aload of new stuff in the mod i'll put out tables of the units and a mini guide along with a download hopefully tonight.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: