March 28, 2024, 11:31:17 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mini Tournament 14/08/2010  (Read 5585 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »

I should have posted this earlier but I forgot.  There will be a Tournament - Today  Smiley  tournament will be from 5pm GMT onwards, there will be a few test games, i'll alter a few costs/stats then have a mini tournament if theres enough people.

BP has taken so long because I hit a few snags when trying to implement the things I wanted into BP.  I've had come up with some novel solutions.

One of these is a new program - ill tidings - which currently only edits save games, but will shortly be developed into a full blown mod installer (as the number of mods seems to be ever growning a easy tool like this is quite handy especially for new members). 

If your wondering why savegames need to be edited for BP it's too allow the assigning magic spells magic for use, i'll give the full lowdown later.

For now all you need to know is that when saving created armies for BP you must begin the army names with bp, Bp, bP, or BP.  ill omens looks for this as a signal to edit the files.

Last but not least BP is a very different mod, and is balanced very different than others so please bear in mind it will be very out of balance to begin with.  Please be patiant and bear in mind the sides will have have been designed to be played in very different ways.

I will release the files just before the tournament starts.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »

Count me in please. as the Beta Tests i was fortunate enough to play were great!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:23:59 AM »

Well I certainly enjoyed using the Steam Tank in Multiplayer Player, especially when it carries a Lightning Generator.

and having mixed magic on troops is fantastic.

I really liked the Spiders new Web Spell!

and Zombies raising more Zombies, combined with Chariots was great.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »

if that could be planned in advance i can take part next saturday

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »

I only managed to play one game, but it was cool. I expect great things from this mod Darkmancer ;]
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »

I've already made a load of fixes and improvement to ill-omens and BP as me a olly fired up a load of games.  There will be another mini-tornament next week so I can improve the inter-race balance.

I'm need to make another round of price changes, test the lightning tank, and finish the raise the dead editor.  So expect a full release Tuesday/Wednesday ish.

I'm also going to send out a news-letter next week, hopefully we can attract some of the older members back to the comunity.  If you have any news for me to include please PM me.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: