March 28, 2024, 07:26:06 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BP 5.71 - New Release + Stats  (Read 15343 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »

download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/875tgl6a652jzt1/bpro05.71.zip

Installation
Backup Dark Omen
Unzip BP over your existing files
Run Ill Omens and click modify Dark Omen
You must use ill omens to create you BP armies
note you must have .net version 3.5 or higher for ill omens to work. You are quite likely to have this already, if not please download from Microsoft here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

Rules
Always use 9000 GP
Always use the Ill Omens Army Builder + always click Modify Dark Omen when you first install
Greenskins can use 15!!! Units instead of the normal 10
You are not allowed to use the same side as you opponent

Tournaments for best of 3:
You cannot use the same race twice.   For this reason in the second round one of the players must use the unused race from round 1.  EG Round 1 Empire vs Greenskin, Round 2 one of the players must use Undead, this is to avoid both players having the same race left for round 3.

General Advice
Learn which units are magic/fear resistant or immune, countering the enemies key units is the key to victory.
(Green = fear immune, blue = fear & magic immune, troll armour will dispel 50% of magic attacks (dice rolled), it also counts as lvl 3 normal armour)

Google docs spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AngmyJ9Z9o55dF9KSlBBTlFjUmZ4UGVpR1gwOU5mTkE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Empire

Empire Advice,
All empire troops are good all rounders, their missile troops are excellent but dont be afaid to throw them into melee otherwise you'll be overwhelmed.  Theres several magic resistant regiments available, but only bluecoats are truely immune, knights with Crystal Clock can be used as an alternative.  legionaires come with wright blades these excel vs troops with multiple hit points eg mummies/orcs.

Longbowmen have the long range "elven bow"
Elvens have the medium range bow
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:51:43 PM by olly » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »

Greenskin

Greenskin Advice
Greenskins will auto deploy so you dont get to pick where they are placed however you can still give movement and attack commands.  

You can have up to 15 units - make sure to take a full 15 unit side, overwhelm and exhaust your enemy, keep recycling your rallied troops back into battle.

Biguns have the most powerful spell in game - fists of gork, look for units to use it against you will insta kill them most the time.

The troll lobber is very expensive, and while it it is slow to reload and inaccurate it does force the enemy to come to you out of his carefully perpared positions, is it worth it? 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:51:37 AM by Darkmancer » Logged

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 11:20:56 PM »

Undead

Undead Advice
Always keep a supply of magic points on hand by usingfountain ice shards on the well.

Any raise the dead spell not used is a lost regiment, also rerember you can dispell and recast to recreate and reposistion your forces.

Charging straight away with your chariots is probobly not a good idea.
Don't let souless get engaged in melee they'll fall apart quickly, they have the death frost as a last resort but rerember it affects them as well as the enemy!

The Fallen - Excellent combat stats but they are delecate, think of them as assassin try and get the charge with them for the fist hit, pin the enemy with another unit first if possible.  Rerember the fallen are imune to magic use them to protect nearby units from magic attacks.

Ghouls - Very skitty however, get the charge + POS will increase they're strenght from 1 to 4, and with 3 attacks, they make excellent shock & chase units...  Also rember you can buy extra individual units.

Use Zombies + Mummies to block, pin and fustrate enemy forces.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:26:14 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Zoko
Night Goblin Archer

wyciwyg://119/http://shade-of-nekura.deviantart.co

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »

Hey guys, so I've been gone awhile due to my computer's cooling fan breaking and troubles with the postal service when we ordered a new one. Last time I was trying to get this mod to work, and I can't seem to get Ill Omens to run. I remember doing quite a bit of troubleshooting with olly and dm, but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this?
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »

Hi Zoko,

I've rejiged how ill omens installs and works so it should hopefully work fine for you now, i'm just adding a few features and releasing it with an updated balance to BP based on the coments from the last tourny, shortly.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »

Great! and looking forward to our next Tournament (Nov 26th) to play more Black Prophecy.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »

Hi,
I assume this mod is for multiplayer only, but anyway I have a few questions concerning spells.
1. What's the technique of giving spells to armies in this mod?
2. Can it be applied to single player campaign in anyway? I mean, I can use Army Editor to set spells like I set artifacts but seems spells aren't saved in those positions. Probably, multiplayer spells work because they are given for only 1 battle?

Thank you.

P.S. The download link for 5.71 didn't work for me.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »

BP uses a seperate program which allows you to build your armies, when the user saves his army the program then automatically adds one or more autodeploying 0 health units these get the game to load magical effects and models, but stop the player getting random spells.  These units die as soon as the battle loads - during deployment.

The spells themselves are pre-assigned as hex values to the item slots.

I didn't look into single player at all, cept testing some of the spells on the first level.  Loading set spells onto any particular friendly unit is easy, the challenge will be finding the best way of loading the spellbooks.

Debeul
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »

Can't, download it. Because of mediafire:)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 01:09:33 PM »

Sorry, I don't have this file. Olly, do you have it somewhere?

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/875tgl6a652jzt1/bpro05.71.zip

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:02:56 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Debeul
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 10:07:36 AM »

Thx mates:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: