March 28, 2024, 01:04:44 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding  (Read 20180 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:59:39 PM »

Downalod these Mod tools ->

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n27doczut4w3qsd/WMOC_Tools.zip?dl=0

1) Extract the orkdec files (ork_algo.h, orkdec.c, orkdec.exe) and orkdec_files (orkdec_files_loader.exe, orkdec_files.dll, src) into your MoC directory ->

C:\Program Files (x86)\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Warhammer Mark of Chaos

I use Warhammer.exe 1.72 cracked version for MoC or the Editor.exe (Run as Admin in compatibility Mode) to drag onto orkdec_files_loader.exe (Run as Admin) as usual, to generate a typical file such as 56b5dc9a_orkdec_files.txt that lists all the file paths and can later be used in a command prompt to run orkdec.exe and extract the resources.

2) Open a command prompt and CD\ & CD to navigate into your MoC folder and then type ->

orkdec.exe -d Extract data.ork 521b50fd_orkdec_files.txt

which will create a folder called Extract within your MoC directory (the default folder contains texture images to extract using ddswrapper.exe and other folders will contain music/sound files and other great stuff).

I then rename Extract to Extract_DataOrk and then repeat the whole procedure on Data1.ork

orkdec.exe -d Extract data1.ork 521b50fd_orkdec_files.txt

which will create a new Extract folder containing more resources, such as the high\default folder that contains all the 3d model files, to later convert from .gobj to Direct X files such as dwarflord.gobj

3) Make a copy of your entire NAMCO BANDAI folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Warhammer Mark of Chaos

and store it somewhere for later, as I now install the Battle March addon and use cracked version 2.14 of Warhammer.exe for BM and extract the new Data2.ork Data3.ork files by typically running a 6 player Skirmish map against the AI, so I can use all the available armies to create a long list of resources etc. I then rename this entire folder to NAMCO BANDAI GamesBM to allow me to copy my MoC NAMCO BANDAI folder back into C:\Program Files (x86)\ if I ever want to use the Editor.exe again as it sadly doesn't work for Battle March.

Ideally we need someone's game Saves so I can ultimately extract everything and share a full text file list of all resources.

Smiley

We have just completed all of our Dark Omen mod tools, so we can now create Dark Omen 2 by adding new 3d maps & scenery, 3d portrait heads and new Warhammer armies of sprites (using the 3d models from Total War mods -Call of Warhammer/Rage of Gods/Sundering and auto-rotating them in fragMotion to produce sprites). Everyone welcome! We are also extracting all of the Warhammer Online resources (10,000 scenery/character models/textures), by using their community's great mod tools, like the modders of the Sundering Total War mod. Then combining it all into Dark Omen, along with the Mark of Chaos/ Battle March textures and models, the same way the Call of Warhammer/Rage of Gods Total War modders.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
EvgenS
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Sounds great but I did not get will Dark Omen 2 be based on Total War game? Or Mark of chaos game? Or you just took visual content from those two games and adapted it to native Dark Omen?
I mean battle mechanic of which game will be used for Dark Omen 2?

Dark Omen Reborn remake project
https://blackdogs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOR/overview

"- Our steam tank has been damaged, can you help us?
- I'm not a mechanic..."
https://youtu.be/Xg6zzI4BxoU?t=27m6s
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »

We're putting them into original Dark Omen

http://forum.dark-omen.org/maps/dark-elve-new-map-t1358.0.html;msg13671#msg13671

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 02:01:50 AM »

Sorry to necro this thread, but I've been trying to get at the models and textures from Mark of Chaos. Right now I've been unsuccessful but I did get to the .GOBJ files and converted them to .x, though opening .x files in blender yielded no models.  Is this the right approach or am I supposed to be looking for something else?
I see in the texturearrays.xml file that I'm looking for things with a .tga file format but I've yet to see such a file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Rudel
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 02:29:36 PM »

Hi, sounds like you may not have run the process on all the Data.ork & Data1.ork files perhaps, as they contain different resources.

RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 05:56:56 PM »

Maybe it's something with my version? I'm running a Battle March copy from GOG version 2.14. I did try to go through all of the Data.ork files but the only textures that I found were the hud icons.
For the record I did play through the first chapter of the Empire campaign and a skirmish battle, thinking that the orkdec_files_loader might want more actions to map everything out but that didn't cut the mustard either.

From the top this is what I do:
1) Launch MoC:BM by dragging it onto the orkdec_files_loader
2) play around in the game a bit
3) run in cmd: orkdec.exe -d Extract Data.ork 61ae27a9_orkdec_files.txt   (repeated for every Data.ork file, so 5 files)

Data.ork decodes about 7000 files, while Data1.ork decodes about 300

I then tried looking for models and their associated textures through all the folders but the only ones I could convert were ones in the gui folders which were all of the icons.
I then tried getting at the .GOBJ files by using the gobj-to-x converter and opening up the resultant files in blender. I don't know if it's the plugin I use but when it opens the file nothing actually loads. The files are a few Mb in size and I looked through them and they look fine to me, so they shouldn't be corrupted.

Please let me know if those were the right steps and if there was any weirdness when you were trying to access those files because I'm a bit at a loss.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 07:02:44 PM »

Yep probably best to try Blender 2.47 to test the scripts and try the cracked version 2.14 to match the guide.
 I will also check my archives as vague memory textures being in an obscure folder perhaps. Which model and its textures are you wanting to extract specifically?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:26:13 PM by olly » Logged

RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 07:37:18 PM »

I was looking to get at Empire models, swordsmen and the like. The idea is to use the in-game army painter to paint up different provinces' armies and extract their units, so I do as little manual texture editing as possible.
RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »

I'm able to get some of the textures to extract, now I just have to figure out how what is what! It extracts into a folder called "default" though it seems not all of the model textures are there, and they're all coloured as Nuln to boot!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 07:53:52 PM »

Looking at my archives, I used the DDSWrapper.exe to convert dwarfstonetrcrew_diftext  into a .DDS that GIMP can open.

D:\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Warhammer Mark of Chaos\Extract_DATAork1\default   = Textures

D:\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Warhammer Mark of Chaos\Extract_DATAork\high\default    = Models
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 08:24:00 PM by olly » Logged

RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 08:44:57 PM »

Alright I guess I'll have to play around with it some more. I have a lot of the textures like greatswords, through regular state troopers with halberds/swords and shields are still missing so I'll have to hunt those guys down. Sadly all the texture maps are in Nuln's colours so it looks like I will have to do some work manually correcting them. Thank you again for your help olly!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2021, 08:46:33 PM »

Good luck and always here to help as interested in all related projects, is it for a Total War mod?

RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2021, 08:56:07 PM »

I'm trying to get more models for Tabletop Simulator actually for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. There is a creator named Vess and he took models from Mark of Chaos in their Nuln outfit and uploaded them already, but I wanted to complete the roster and get all the other provinces, even if it is just a simple retexturing.
It's not a huge deal but it does feel better to have Middenlanders defend Middenheim than some Nuln mercenaries haha!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2021, 09:02:38 PM »

Sounds cool and will check it out thanks. I would guess that he probably reused Total War mod Call of Warhammer/Rage of Gods or other great similar mods, as they did all the hard work of remapping textures to the extracted models. So would advise using them as a better start point and they've probably already included many of the other provinces.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/3d-scenery-models/total-war-mods-3d-modelstextures-for-3d-heads-and-sprites-t1385.0.html

RudelStrudel
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 09:06:34 PM »

Awesome, many thanks! I'll take a look and hopefully it's a bit easier than square 1.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: