March 28, 2024, 09:15:03 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the making of hidra (help)  (Read 19736 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »

well, after doing experiments,with troll, i went to google and got an hidra image, and do all the easy steps first i opened it with paint, rezise it , 1)multiplicate, and then make a new page with the size of the rezised image in gimp, save it has filmstrip and in index i put 16 colours as maximum, 2)then open rob editor, open troll spr, import the new filmstrip and..l. you have what you see in photos(3), theres "something" with green and black but other is ok,... exept the banner Tongue

1)

2)

3)

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:14:11 PM »

in third image, i moved the banner up but not the white thing Tongue

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »

Look in the color palette in GIMP (of your 16 colors) and select the color at the top left and color the background with it.
Should make the background transparent

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »

Hey Brapus.

I was considering how I would proceed with making a hydra.
Perhaps it would be easier to base it of an already existing unit?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:44:52 PM by Grend » Logged

On vacation
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »

well i made it from 0 0000000 zero.. now all colours are okay, so i think with some time we will finich all units, without remplacing original, Smiley

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 08:05:12 PM »

Unless it's spelt diffently in different languages shouldn't it be Hydra.

Anyway it should look good once cleared up a bit, try putting a thin black line around the hydra (look at the merc calvary in that picture they have a thin black line to make them stand out), I think slightly darkening the image may make it look better.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »

Cool to see such a huge monster in Dark Omen! There was one in SotHR, in one dungeon level there was this dragon, only its head and neck were in the level, but it was huge nonetheless, so I think huge monsters would be really fun, and on that note, Olly has this long-time dream of adding Giants to the game.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 09:00:48 PM »

yeah, we are all collaborating together now and with Teamwork will finish/improve my old ones (Giant etc)

Smiley

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:16:56 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »

hello i have a problem, , i made a hidra and after i finish the work with paint and save to 16bit, when i pasted it to gimp it appeared like black, all big black rectangle, then i changed it to 24 bit , and select violet pixel from de hidra and paint all the backround with it, so after pasting in gimp i would change the colour to green. the problem is that i cant! i cant select the colour map, when i put it, nothing appears,and when i go to colour/map, the reordenate option and establish colour one, are grey, so what its going on here?
 because if i just paint the backround with green, i have 17 colours, and cant import to rdose
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:35:46 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »

hehe i got it

like olly said, that hidra i drew it at school Smiley my own, not of the internet

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:53 PM »

Looks good for a hand drawn, original sprite and since it is the first Frame then just copy and paste(will have to cut along the outline) into a new Green Sprite background, to reduce the colours to 16 etc..

This will be so cool to see on the Battlefiled when completed, Keep up the great work!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »

the funniest thing for me , is that the drawing i 5x4 centimetres zise haha so in one paper can enter a lot , and easy and fast to do then paint with pencil and translate to 16 colours, very tecnological proces  ahahha

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »

why from grey colours go to red colours Huh???

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »

Don't know, but I guess because of colour subsitution? You may have a different pallette in the sprite file?

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »

dont worry i fixed, but now i have this "thing" [IMG=http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8078/10172009113703.th.png]http://[/img] i made a biggg filestrip 719 x1643 , and then i made the cuadricule , but well it is crazy and happens waht you see, so i wonder if there is  a chance to make it right?because in some poses i can see the head under the foots ahahah or the tail in front of the head :O

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: