March 29, 2024, 10:08:36 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Textures to refresh dark omen battle fields  (Read 6657 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »

Hi guys! i was thinking, time ago this year i made "lots" of textures, and, i remember that in the past i modified (easily) the textures of some maps.

i was thinking, we could give a fresh better definition textures, well definiton is same, but it may look better, i guess :I.

i made:

http://itlerionworkshop.blogspot.com.ar/2013/02/new-terrains-textures-for-tiles-or.html

and the same patron with sand/beach:

and i have of course,  dirt and grass, but didnt upload images, however, i printed them and made a "real life dark omen map" (?)...

i will upload files later, but i will give it a try too.

the cool of this, is that you dont need nothing more than paint Tongue or gimp better, or photoshop just open the image and rezise the original size, and save has 256 colours bmp Cheesy

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »

OH WELL THE IMAGES ARE SUPER SIZE AHAHAH.

i want to add, that we could make INFERNO textures, with corpses, lava and jesus, make campings or just simple maps doom-like.

Cheesy:Cheesy:Cheesy:D:

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »

The printed table top map looks great. I've also been trying alternate grass textures, to help improve Dark Omen but it is hard to find better in-game ones.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
mattressses
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »

Speaking of lava...

I was thinking it would be fun to do alternate night/day versions of maps; arriving at Helmgart late could use night textures instead, for example.
I'm a bit suprised there haven't been many mods that messed around with the map textures, considering how straight-forward it seems to be. Some textures don't seem to respond well to being edited, though; I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the colours of the treetrunk texture without it messing up.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »

Looks good re-skin, like my Trolls map mod for Giant testing -> once we have a terrain height map converter then I can post a guide for creating brand new maps. 

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: