March 28, 2024, 04:38:17 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SOTHR Sprites  (Read 58679 times)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 09:35:19 AM »

Really nice,
I wish I had those at hand when I was an active campaign creator :p would spare a lot of time and make my campaigns more interesting.
Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 06:07:56 PM »

Hi Cuthalion, many thanks again for your excellent Chaos Dwarf campaign and we now have all the tools to create new campaigns, maps and sprites. I just need all the campaign & sprite creators to rejoin and we can finally finish a complete mod.

I will post how to guides very soon and then can concentrate on making the new maps thanks to Aqrit's new height map tool. The plan is to update Dark Omen Expanded with the new additional sprite mod and add these Shadow of the Horned Rat sprites and others, to make complete armies.

Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:42:45 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »

I do not have SoTHR at hand.
If I am not asking too much, could someone (Olly? Smiley ) provide me with SoTHR sprite set or converted pictures and give a brief direction how to convert them?

Also, on a side note: I saw in another thread that additional sprites in DO are now possible - that's great. I will look into it. But another question: Each unit type in DO - Cavalry, Wizard, Monster, Archer or Infantry - had its own sprite structure, like..a monster movement chain should consist of 4 pics while Infantry - of 3, Cavalry - of 5 etc...
is it editable
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

hy cuthalion this a link to bmp extracted from SOTHR sprite http://www.mediafire.com/download/4v20371q853qszf/extracted+bmp+pic+sprite+from+sothr.rar
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »

Thank you so much ) Iwish I had all that stuff 3 years ago when I was actively modding with ctl, btb, armies and sprites.
You do not want to know how I made my dwarf overlord riding a wyvern.

1. I installed SoTHR for PlayStation as they had said it had better graphics.
2.  advanced as far as wyvern shaman mission.
3. Installed screen-capturing software.
4. Recorded Wyvern flight and fight from all directions.
5. Copy-pasted and spent hours cleaning up and rounding up copy-pasted screen shots.

BTW are DO leader portrays editable too and can be imported from SoTHR effectively?
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 04:13:11 PM »

ya it must have been a pain in the ass
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

if you want to see very good sprite for inspiration

this link may be help you

http://d2mods.info/resources/infinitum/index-anims-ac.html

there is goblin and skeleton manly

http://d2mods.info/resources/infinitum/index-anims-gi.html

http://d2mods.info/resources/infinitum/anims-worgridercaptain.html
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 07:24:22 AM »

Yeah, nice sprites Smiley

Having looked at SoTHR sprites I figured they are somewhat smaller and thinner than corresponding DO sprites. Is it only me? Is there a solution to smoothly enlarge or broaden sprites to fit DO size? Or does everything look very good even when sprites are untouched?
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 10:12:49 AM »

ya with Ifranwiew you can enlarge spirte ( 150 % or 140 % )

* nouvelle taille Sothr sprite.jpg (86.12 KB, 846x501 - viewed 933 times.)
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »

and with instant sprite you can make sprite sheet realy quick

http://instantsprite.com/

* png.png (10.01 KB, 64x512 - viewed 905 times.)
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »

here is a link to a tuto for auto tools enlarge pics with ifranview

http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/13847-irfanview-travail-sur-images-par-lots
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »

Thank you,
I will definitely try this tool as I come to creating DO sprites based on SoTHR ones.
By the way, black orcs look pretty large even for DO. Are they that gigantic? I am not very familiar with Warhammer universe and rules )
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »

Yeah I found Irfanview is by far the best at scaling sprite sizes and reducing colours (Illidan and I have been fine tuning Crash's tutorial on 3d Model (& their Animations) to DO sprite process, with great results. The whole process is now so much quicker than when we used to manually adjust pose for each frame, thanks to Fragmotion).

Illidan's idea of scaling up all sprites by 140% (50pix for normal human sized units and up to 100px for Giant), has allowed new sprites to have amazing detail for still only 16 colours. He has a Troop height scale picture that will help, Black Orcs have same physical description as Big'Uns in the Warhammer Rule Book - just saying how they larger and tougher than ordinary orcs but a Black Orc Warlord can be up to 15 feet in size apparently.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »

Olly, I do not quite follow you in respect of using 3d models to quicken process of positioning sprites. I am not up to date Smiley do you mean those links to animated phantasy pics Illidan posted recently?  Smiley

By the way, I had my own experience using Call of Warhammer 3d models for my sprites. And experience was negative:
beautiful minotaurs with a lot of details that could be seen on large-sized 3d body...all those details became a handful of gray pixels completely out of order and beauty when minotaurs were scaled to the size of DO sprites.
I suspect same may happen when you enlarge SoTHR sprites to DO size? when there are few pixels it becomes essential.
Anyway it must be much easier than if I would draw them myself because I am a lousy painter )
illidan
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 07:14:42 PM »

it is a exemple of dwarf attacque sprite sheet enlarged with photoshop

* 3 attaque copy.tga (73.28 KB - downloaded 349 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: