April 16, 2024, 02:19:23 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: idea for new sprite  (Read 7939 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:29:30 AM »

how do u guys think about it:

to make small but detailed sprite of something like "rat" or perhars another small animals.(which shouldn't be too much hard work since its small).

then make them in 40-60 regiment, give them rule of 'swarm" (like skellies - never flee but dead every turn as many as they lost in battle check), so they willnt suffer that much from artillery file & archers (meant, willn't flee).

but before making we need to know, if distance between models is always the same and doesnt affected by the sprite size? cause they seems need to be little more compact than just big horde of goblins...

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:38:25 AM »

32 members in reqiment is max, as i know.

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

beside make 40-60, (no pòsible) i dont understand your point, you say to make skaven? :S

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:01:18 PM »

You could make every sprite consist of three rats to give the appearance of 90-unit swarms.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:24:38 AM »

but 30 units or 90 unit makes very much sense in terms of "swarm rule", as well as other checks. is 32 limitation is true?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 10:58:01 AM »

Yes 4 Byte (32bit) is the limit.

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »

Maybe give every sprite 3 wounds.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

its much better idea. but then they will be lol harder to kill. i think it might be very fun to create some "ultra" creatures, like swarm of wasps with stats like ST2 WS8 TO1 IN8 LS5 AT1 MO5 (but swarm rule) etc.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »

A swarm of three units per sprite should probably have something like WS7or8, S1or2, T1or2, Wd1, A3

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

Couldn't we take over the stats from WHFB??

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 06:21:50 AM »

pls some1 make such a unit.
 i'm too lazy for that Sad

but justi magien usage of units which have very good WS and unbreakable, but very fragile, such a sweet tactic instrument!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: