April 20, 2024, 04:07:02 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: gren are you there? here? anywhere, i will post something of your interest  (Read 9567 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2010, 12:04:44 AM »

well i didnt know what tittle to put so i was direct hahahaha

the thing is that i am working on my little mod, CDO mod ; and i managed to organize it with the number of sprites it brings and add one race, the lustria, so, like a wise old britian man told me to post, i am posting to ask you if you already astarted making any lustria sprites, if you hasnt, i offer to make them all (something like 9 units), and you keep focus in skaven :O, or just tell what units have  you made and i make the rest

iam thinking in create:

heroe: Lizardmen Saurus Oldblood on Cold One
mage:Lizardmen Slann Mage-Priest/Lizardmen Skink Priest
units:
lizardmen saurus warrior
Lizardmen Saurus Cavalry
lizardmen Skink warrior
Stegadon
The temple guard
Kroxigor

ito maquiesves
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »

If you do I`m sure we can squeese it in!
Morma had some ideas about representing the cold blooded rules I think too?
Would probably mean Skaven would not be included, or made smaller, due to mlimit on sprite slots.

On vacation
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »

"Working together" is the right path to success Smiley
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »

grend is htat you dont have to worry about sprites :S my main idea in thep ast was not to put all races in one sprite file, i always thinked in make 4 races peer patch so you can combine them.

inone patch for example you have vampires,bretonia,dark elves and dwarfs,

in other patch, khemri,chaos, empire, and high elves

inthe the other one, ogres, forest elves, lustria and chaos dwarfs

and then after the basics patchs.

if a player have empire and wanna fight  lustria, he say "oh, they are in differents patches, so what do i do?"

well , like i said after he basic patches there have to be list of secondly patches that have all combinations of races
so in one of these for example we will find "empire,dark elves, ogres and lustria" so the players install that patch, we have to organize that in a good way, now i thinked, it should be 2 patches of 6 races each one Cheesy of course that banners wont be enought but if there are repeated banner i would choose artillery ones and heroes, not infantery or cavalery ones, they cause confusion in battle field.

ito maquiesves
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »

It sounds clever and all, but I think it is more work than you think. Sprite slots differ alot so you would have to make different versions of sprites for each list combination, as well as it being more work for the people who want to play. Feel free to make your own releases with 4 armies a list though. I just do not feel I have the energy or will to spend any time doing that.

On vacation
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »

yeah Tongue i understand that, what do you thing of make only 2 mod with 6 races each one, so ppl choose 1 for each torny, like "themed TT" think that would benice , we only have to organize the sprites ,because for example i dont know wich sprites you used for all dark elvs, or fo r chaos dwrfs, if yuo post me the list of the original/new spirtes i will organize it :S

i... at least have thinked make the human,vampire,orc and lustria dark omen for next tourny. i really wanna teste snotlings Tongue

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 07:53:50 PM »

Why don't you create the sprites first then take it from there?  Worst thing that'll happen is they'll go in a seperate mod which is pritty much what you suggesting anyway.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »

or i did not understan what you tried to say, or you dont understand my point, i will tell it again..

now we play dark omen with humans,orcs and undead, ok? well now i say that we can play with 6 races if we organize in a  equitative way the sprites, so we can choose to play the patch number 1 with 6 races, or the patch number 2 with the others 6 races, so we would be playin with 6 races , not 3, so i think it is nice and not complacated to install races as it is if you try to make all races in one time, then it happens that banners are not enought , units repeated etc, so i thinked that Cheesy

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 09:16:14 PM »

I know.

Just it's better to actually have the sprites ready before offering & planning their for use.  Just keep Grend updated with what you are/arn't doing to avoid replication or misunderstandings.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »

I understood your idea.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhwzpYrrq5rHdGpUamMweS13OG1TaDN4WkQzRUJ2UVE&hl=en

This spreadsheet contains the current setup for how sprites replace different sprites atm. Feel free to make a copy of it and make some different variations on it to see if you can make good combinations of teams that do not cause alot of problems with sprites being in the wrong format. As that is my main concern with your idea.

On vacation
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »

thanks grend , do you like my new avatar?

ito maquiesves
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 07:08:21 AM »

It`s the best, except mine is slightly better.

On vacation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: