March 28, 2024, 10:56:51 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod.  (Read 30792 times)
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »

avalet makes some good points,where he talk about teleporting behind an enemy and charging their rear or flank would mean certain retreat.this could be very op(tho i haven't tried it)id like to see it in action

does a vampire have screaming fireball?i thought only bright wizard has this awesome spell.

the wraiths can be send fleeing from the battle if u keep up the chase even when u cant hurt them,but do keep in mind that they are faster then infantry,so u would need a cav unit(or an equally fast unit:ogre/troll/...)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 04:56:40 PM »

ehmm , i have change M to 5 , and that is all buddies, his cost is 1500 2250 and 3000 so, that enough gold to buy 2 ragnar wolves or 1 ragnar wolves and a spell eater and defiance banner to kill vampire,  oK? bye

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 06:57:03 AM »

yesterday we played with lorbrapus; i was using ud - bgk, vampire, wraiths and other stuff; lordbrapus used orcs

things to note:
1) vampire had teleport and i used "chrage from the reat" tactic a lot. 4 times i used it and 3 times its worked (and 4th time on the second round skrabash did the work).
even without teleport he can do a lot of such things since MS=5

but note: his panic test and other stuff is very useless, because mages doesnt pursue enemy units, so the only way is to follow retrating enemies them and pay attention to kill any decent amount of units. i routed 4 regiments, but w/o pursuing killed only like 4-5 orcs

SO i suggest to add up pursue to the vampire, otherwise his panic test absolutely useless
i think it somehow connected with his "mage" status as well as archers - they dont poursue also, thus, i again vote for  remove magic from vampire

---as for "screaming ball" i meant this necromancer magic which cost 2. sound of casting somehow screaming (its not burning head).

2) bgk seems fine, wraights too (balanced fine)

3) didnt used skeleton horsemen, but if they cost about 1k gold its absolutely worthless comapring to bgk.. im hvnt remembered their cost, so if they cost liek 600 or so its fine.

4) skrabash seems to bee too cheap. i suggest to increase cost aroudn 800, since its "free" panic test.

--also game were frozen so we didn't finished  - sorry lorbrapus

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »

ah yes np, the skabrash is a good sword, i will make it expensive, and i was thinking, that it is right the thing that in the game TableTop vampiere does not have all magic, only that "black magic ball" .. so i will make vampire cheaper, quit the magic and add allways pursue, so you will have to ocmbine the vampire with the necromancer Cheesy and that sounds cool. .. i hope you are hiper super happy now.

ito maquiesves
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »

Well what I noticed when playing with may brother:

If you push strength up tu maximum, and then the enemy unit cast skabskrath, nothing happens!
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »

nono im not hiper super hapy i dont want always pursue. just make him able to simply pursue, no need to always!

that could be good!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:48 PM »

it is fixed, he is  a "undead cavalery" unit tipe now Cheesy

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »

ok , it is all done. now the manfred guy comes with 5 BLOOD DRAGON as personal guard (like grimor, he has 12 biguns Tongue).

so now the combo should be 1 necromancer, manfred, and what ever you want .. maybe the 15 blooddragons ? XD some zombies and wights ,, you choose Smiley

download the thing here : http://www.sendspace.com/file/iad10y

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 07:49:59 PM »

same units in the game? could you please change it perhars to not blood kngihts but something else? dont want to play double blood draons...

also, vampire+5 knights seems too powerfull. i think even vampire with panic test +3  guards is pretty good, or even 2 guards is ok (and much more intresting option).

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »

Hello Alavet.. Im talking to my brother in this moment about that change he did...same units stuff.

He says he will change it... not sure to what yet, but i told him too that is not attractive.

He is considering to give them 2 knights guard. ... 3/3

Btw... i ll make some videos with him. He wants to promote his mod you know Wink
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:00:32 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 06:56:47 AM »

good, so it be like ogres with panic test, less tought, but more proficient at WS and faster...

so be sure they cost at least 60% higher than ogres (perhars 75%)

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 09:13:44 AM »

look here are vids

http://forum.dark-omen.org/rules-and-standards/i-present-my-multiplayer-mod-cdo-t656.0.html;msg6325#msg6325

me and jeronimo played.

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »

i add other video
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.DQ | by Aeva

ito maquiesves
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print