March 28, 2024, 10:17:47 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod.  (Read 30791 times)
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 02:00:31 PM »

realy cool about the ogres,tho realy how can u kill a unit if none of ur units can catch him?it may have been claimed before that such a unit can kill all mages but thats because they werent mounted,since a vampire before had the same movement speed as cav,i dont see how id ever catch one that has increased movement speed.

i def plan to try this mod,i wana have a feel for the new greenskins u created.it looks like uve done an amazing job with them.

i truly do wonder if ill enjoy having that vamp around,as if i could change 1 thing to nnormal dark omen multiplayer it would have been reduce vamps movement speed to that of a normal mage,and taking it the other way stuns me in place :p

(sorry if my concerns about that vamp seem like critisism,as that is not how i mean it :p)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »

jajaja listen, please join my hamachi chanel LB5555 same pass, i wanna talk with you. please come on!

remember , orc have 3 antispell objects, so the vampire will have to attack in melle, and snotling dont retreat so if you put them the banner of mork and it your last unit, you win hehe cause the banner kill mages.

you can make pistolers, put them the spelleater shield, and thats all.

and if you are undead you can make the BD jeje with the spell eater shield or the banner anti magic , maybe the fire sword, there a lot of ways!

ito maquiesves
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 02:11:52 PM »

good points,pistoliers would prob work.

well i gues ill now keep my quiet at least until ive played it Wink
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »

It would be great to see Ragnar's Wolves set to "Always Persue" and be the same as 4th Edition Table Top Rules and Shadow of the Horned Rat.

Smiley

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:38:13 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »

hahah but ever pursue is not available Tongue or yes? :O

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »

"Always Persue" was one of the unknown pyschology attributes that I discovered.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/5-unknown-psychology-attributes-t512.0.html

Warhammer 4th Edition Table Top Rules uses this for Ragnar's Wolves as does Shadow of the Horned Rat.

In Wh32Edit my Tests have now confirmed that Always Persue is the 3rd Unknown and Flee if Charged is actually Never Rally.

"Ragnar's Wolves are renowned for running down their enemy to the last man. Consequently
they will never halt their pursuit of a routing enemy until they have been driven from the
battlefield."  - Shadow of the Horned Rat manual- Special Rules.

Smiley

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:21:32 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »

cool i will switch it, they will kill every one who flee Cheesy

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 03:44:43 PM »

cmon, you dont need to make this mounted vamprie have a mgic. just buff some statf for him maybe (not too strong tho, he should die from treeman always!) but remvoe the magic pls!

it will be much greater, otherwise i dont see any diffirience between standard vampire, but just with panic tets (wow).
letting his magic off is very good for him anyway! jsuti magine it as a fast unit which causes fear and have stats not much worse than treeman (which cost 3,2k gc) and you want to keep magic on him? cmon, dont ruin it bro. jsut remove magic, necromancer could stay it!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »

is that a vampire is a vampire , they manage dark magic.. he is like a comom vampire, just mounted! to equality the BG ...

JOIN ME ON HAMACHI CDOMOD , HAS NO PASS WORD, AND IF IT REQUIERES IT, IT IS CDOMOD
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:24:01 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »

Hello. One Comment about Vampire.

Beyond its power, you Alavet must know that the main reason of DO structure is to have 2 Wizard options (1 weak/ 1 strong). If isnt by magic--fire magic better than ice, will be by stats-- goblin/orc shaman, necromancer/vampire.

SO... what can we do?
Give them the correct price according to their power (yes: ws, s, t, i, w, M)
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »

well,i played the mod and had good fun

im still not fully convinced that the vampire is a good idea and have my doubts about the wraights(tho i was able to defeat em without magic)so maybe it isnt as bad as i thought

the snotlings look like space invaders because they only have front pose atm wich i find super funny :p

and the wagon just looked super sweet!the teams of 3trolls and 6scorpions also perform well and tho their cost has also increased alot they give greenskins some nice punching power.

a tournament of this would be a good test to see if theres a race that is overpowered.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 12:51:04 AM »

While you were playing agaisnt my brother tovertrut, i had a new idea.

Its for all Wizards: A better rule instead of "Hit & Walk", since doesnt actually improve chances of hitting Vampire.
Oh... you will soon read it... Activation is same: Enemy must have 5 or less active regiments in battlefield.

About Wraiths that dont die when are routed: the key is in chasing them when they are routing and make them retreat of battle (white flag). During chase you can harm them unless they you have a magic sword in that Regiment. Its good they are preety easy to rout.
I already recommended my brother to make Wraiths more expensive... like 1500gc (default game).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:56:50 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 07:23:02 AM »

so whats the point? you have to go close battle if enemy has 5 or less regiments? or you have to stay at one place or what? Smiley

also, even if i didn't tested it yet, i still think vampire+panic test simply even more disbalanced than it was before. (imagine you even buffed his speed?)

please please remove his magic Smiley
as for the idea for "second" mage i i suggest to create new sprite and make that wizard somehow stronger (perhars, with 1 bodyguard or smth) or like "mummy-mage"., but not let the vampire get magic if he will have panic test.

look, i just charge for any of your regiment and cast this "screamig fireball" (dark magic cost2) which usually kills about 5-6 units if hits and then even perfom panic test? and as he is a vampire he has like To =3 or even more i hvnt remembered... true imba!

or he is just teleporting from the rear and charging f+panic test = instant flee for any regiment...

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »

alavet, i played with my brother several times, and with tovertrut, he has panic test, because BG had it, and the BD does not have it, and dont you see that if he has panic test, and you want to use it, you have to send the vampire to close combat , and the enemy can have the orc banner and make the vampire explode, or a magic sword... dont you think in that? you are talking about a magic and speed forgeting that iti s only 1 units, that is forced to go close combat if wanna have the panic test thing, that work only when he kill someone. and it is only one unit with panic test, no 12 has the BG, if wanna test with me i will be waiting in CDOMOD hamachi channel. (dont needs password)

ito maquiesves
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »

Imo change his speed to 5, but dont remove his magic! Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: