March 28, 2024, 06:29:21 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod.  (Read 30788 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:10:21 AM »

i was thinking about make my dark omen multiplayer mod, and thinking about how to help orc, i had the idea of add them snotling ,  the giant and the snotling warmachine

snotling work as a enemy charge cutter, protecting weak point of the armie formation

snotling squads have 8 soldiers , each one have 6 snotling because they are very little, has in the tabletop game, so 6 snotling count as only one men, with 3 wounds , 3 initiative, 4movement,  2 mele skill,  2 strengh, toughness 2, and 4 leadership, they have as special atribut that are inmune to fear cause they are a lot fighting together.

i will use the bandits sprites, so i will add them, and now ppl can have snotling and goblins Tongue

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »

this is the snotling attack wagonet Cheesy with 3 wounds, movement 5, initiative 3, 3 atacks,strengh 4, toughtness 4, leadership 4, weapons skill 2 .. Cheesy hope you like it, i was working with paint and gimp 10 hours consecutive Tongue

ito maquiesves
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

Better will be if you will can add the Doom Driver Cheesy
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »

great look, especially shooting machine!

but in my opinion colors is too bright. maybe make it little darker or other type of color?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »

looks very cool,only the green may be a little to fluo
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »

jajaja yes i have fixed that, is that looks diferent in paint Tongue ehmm now i am going to show, the armylist i have made for my mod for multiplayers games (and tournament if you like it )

well... first of all i have changed a little little the army list of each race.

in humans, i was thinking in make all to be Empire and elfs allies, that means that the units that form the uhman, arent anymore the dwarfs and the mercenaries,(exept ogre)
i have added ragnar cavalery, because the ice mage is the only unit from the north lands, now he has friends to combine in multiplayer battles, and added outlaw infantery, to join the outlaw pistoliers in battle. and carlsson is a Empire militia unit.

here we go:

Bright Mage             1
Ice Mage                1

Ragnar Wolves        12 (replace merc cav.)
Carlsson                 16 (replace Knights of realm)
Outlaw pistoliers       9

Outlaw infantery       24 (replace merc inf.)
Empire Haldbeiders   12
Empire Greatswords  18
Flagelants 9
Elves spearmen        18

Empire Archers         18
Elves Archers            15

Treeman                    1
Ogres                        3

cannon and mortar have one lvl (2 slots)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:04:50 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »

Now as you know , in this mod i added units to orcs, to help them, and be able to mache new strategies... the snotling , let me tell you, they are like a wall, a flesh wall, they last a lot, but only may kill 3 units in all the match, maybe less.. the wagonet is a fragil thing, but it is fast and is good for intercept archery and artillery instead sending cavalery, in the impact, they may kill 2 or 3 units, and if the attacked units retreat, the wagon may masacre it in the flee. but if the unit does not flee, the wagon will fight normally, and maybe die fast if it is about infatery or cavalery, so if you buy it, attack archery and artillery (or mages Grin )

As the ppl that have used orc should know, they are very cowardly , you can have4 big uns fight and in 5 seconds they may be running aways and dieing in the process. they need something to inspire them to fight, that is the reason i made special character troop for orcs... i have added Grimor the black orc heroe with a 12 black orc personal guard (as in table top game)with L9. So orc have 3 new units and a leader Tongue

goblin shaman             1
orc shaman                 1
Grimor               13 (1+12)

night goblin                 30
night goblin archer       24
night goblin w/f            30
night goblin archer w/f  24
Orc infantery                24
Orc Big un                    18
Orc Arrer boys              20

Giant Spider                  3
Giant Scorpion               6
Troll                              3

Snotlings                     6  ( M4 WS2 S2 T2 W3 I3 A3 L4) Will never rout
Wagonet                      1  ( M6 WS2 S4 T4 W3 I3 A3 L4 ) doesnt slow movement by terrain

bolt tower and lobber have 1 lvl (2 slots)

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 03:30:22 PM »

and now, with a discoverment i made, and 2 new units, the undead army list..

first of all, the "discoverent" is that the wraiths doesnt have to died when route, nowhere is mentioned or the pharse that zombies and wights have that say they died cause of the magic vincule. so that makes ower coward wraiths some thing to be takken in serius..
 other change is vinvulated to black grial.. my friends, this unit take part in the campaing none the human or orc have a unit like this (now orc hace grimor as heroe), so i changed the problematic BG to the vampire cavalery unit called "Blood Dragon", so now undead have heavy cavalery unit,  NOT A SPECIAL UNIT AS A CAVALERY UNIT.

i will show the stats of BG and BD

BG ( M4 WS6 S4 T3 W2 I5 A2 L10) and the psychology..

BD ( M4 WS5 S5 T4 W1 I4 A2 L7) and  cause fear, inmune to fear, no slow M by terrain . it is more likely the heavy cavalery of undead should be . they have 1woun but more strengh and toughnes. i hope you accept it.

That is not all, because i did add a character to undead, nothing more that mounted manfred von carstein (replaces commom vampire) faster and better Tongue

army list:

Negromant         1
Manfred             1

Ghouls              24
Mummies          9
Zombies           24
Wights             12
Wraiths             6
Skeleton Inf.     24

Skeleton Arc.    18

Skeleton Cav.    12
Blood Dragons   15

Manfred has the panic test thing... he has an horrorific sword Cheesy
And BD have polearm.. you will love them

here a pic of BD (Blood Dragon)

ito maquiesves
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 05:04:07 PM »

not having played this its hard to have an opinion about it...but i always have opinions :p

i think switching the black grail for another heavy cavalery is a good thing,as they were way to powerful in multiplayer battles,but making the most op unit in the game(vampire)even stronger blows my mind(unless u removed his spells or something)

im not sure i fully understand this sentence:
first of all, the "discoverent" is that the wraiths doesnt have to died when route, nowhere is mentioned or the pharse that zombies and wights have that say they died cause of the magic vincule. so that makes ower coward wraiths some thing to be takken in serius..

do u mean wraiths would die when they flee?cause that would be kinda bad,now making them flee is only way to kill them if u dont have magic items/users if they wouldnt be fast fleeing cowards that die when they get routed people would be forced to have magic items in every army.

the snotlings sound like a cool unit to try new strategys with,and i cant wait to see their wagon in action,it sounds like a fun and funny thing to bring to the fray.greenskins indeed flee a bit fast,and they often seem the weakest of the 3 usable armies,but giving them a boss unit when ur removing the one from undead would just change the balance and make greenskins to powerful?

as for humans,i feel they are being put down in this,the undead lose their boss unit but get a strong replacement cav unit + a freaking mounted vampire,the greenskins only get upsides,but the empire seems to only lose good units...

ow and the blood dragon does look pretty sweet Wink
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:24:40 PM »

heh ewe have tested all the day with my brother..

and human are good, carlsson is like a light cavalery, cheap. and the ragnar wolfs are very good, indeed they have better atributes than real knight and merc cavalery, so they are fine, as they have good elves archer and spearmen, and treeman, i did not add a heroe to them.

the blood dragon is the right way of a "heavy cavalery" , not BG , they even dont exist on warhammer TableTop game , they are used only for the campaing.

and the manfred von carstein, replaces the old vampire, he is mounted . because after all the undead "lose" the bg ,so manfred combined with BDragon are 95% BGrial, and that is good.

and the orcs are not "super better" grimor have good leadership and mele fighting skills but no magic Cheesy he is here to make your orcs dont run so consecutive times .
Snotling are 6 men with 3 wounds, but 2 weapon skill, they kill very very little amounts of enemy units, but are like block, that entretains enemy strong units, cause they dont retreat during mele fight.
(you can only buy 1 grimor and 1 manfred of course Tongue )

and about wights.. they are made with the psychology " destroyed if routed" that zombies and wights have, (it makes that the regiment die if flee ), but reading the manual, and army page inthe game, and on internet, they have not this rule, so this make them better, because they route if you attack from behind, and die, but now, they really worth the gold you paid for them Cheesy

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »

so now wraights doesnt die if get routed? i like it very much! also love UD changes (even though i didnt get thing abotu manfred-  have yo ucinreased hsi speed even more than standard vampire? if so, its could be bad, cause standard vampire is the fastest uint in the game already)

also good if empire cavalry has icnreased stats, just now its a fast infantry and nothing more (pfff).

as for orcs, everything seems fien in paper, now i want to test in in fights!

good job lordbraprus, i want to see blood kngihts in action! Smiley

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »

as i quited the BG and vampiere i pùt BD and MVC, BD has not the rule "panic test" taht BG had, but MVC does, and MVC is mounted so he is like a BG but like all we know a vampire , mage or shaman is only one units that can die bye a canon, other magic or attacked by a lot of units in melle combat.. so that is the reason MVC is fast and cause fear and panic test, while BD are 15 heavy vampire knights with the vampire rules (they are vampires, not squeletons or zombies).

the carlsson cav. is light cavaler, and ragnar, they are better than realm knight, so all is "perfect" now.

i like orcs a lot now...

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 12:24:04 PM »

Yeah the Greenskins have always been weak in comparison, so this should be very cool!

Smiley

Other units like Orgres that should cause Fear but don't, could also be changed to match the 4th Edition Table Top Rules, like the Wraiths fleeing etc..perhaps.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 01:37:45 PM »

oke im realy confused on wether u mean wights or wraiths?as the knights totaly shouldnt die when they flee(dont remeber if they do :s)but the ghosts realy should because of their physical immunity,they may be weak but their physical immunity makes em worth it if used correctly.

and also not answered does the mounted vampire still have his magic?as he was already extremely difficult to catch on foot(often a vamp teleports between ur whole army and still gets out just by using the charge thing since hes so freaking fast and manouverable) if u have a mounted vampire with magic even cav wont be able to catch him(2rgiments witch same speed,the one with lesser units can manouver way better so an expierenced played can manouver in such ways he is impossible to catch unless he gets cornered by several enemy fastmoving units)

to me a mounted vampire that can cast already seems like 250% black grail.not so much 95% together with another heavy cav.

the ogres are something that bothered me from start with dark omen,they are supposed to cause fear,even their description ingame says they cause fear,yet they dont.this could use some fixing.and id miss the dwaves :p they r awsome to protect siege.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:50:59 PM by tovertrut » Logged
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »

the ogres thing is fixed too.

and the vampire does have magic yes , but the 5 units rules will be aplied, that means that if in a undead vs orc fight the orcs have 9 regiment, when the orcs have 5 regiments (or units, the same) the vampire can not run only "walk".

that rule is applied to all mages all races, that is for the teleport magic thing, and the jumping frog tactic. you can do the frog but walking, not running of course while playing you have to remember this, and tell the other player not to run(if you have 5 or lessregiments)

and tovertut remember that grial is no more here so now it is balanced, any way, one unit with spelleater and no retreat banner, can kill any mage. that thing was all ready talked in others post, all units are mortal, they can be killed, just make a good armie, and now with grimor and snotling you will be able to male interesting war tactics.

it would be nice that you join TT and try out this mod

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: